When I was in the US, I visit Target and Costco A LOT! I wasn't able to take "ninja shots" on beauty products (Blame Baby AMW for that!) I was able to check out products we don't have here! I was moping around telling Mr. AMW why can't we have it all down here....
Look what I got when I arrived! Ahhhh, this is one of the product I nearly purchased! (aside from Almay and Neutrogena)
L'Oreal Paris Shine Caresse
Shade: 609 Beach Berry
Shade: 806: Color Me Coral
L'Oreal says ---
Discover a stain that thinks it’s a gloss. Now hydration & shine meet lasting, lightweight color. Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain combines the power of a lip stain with lip-gloss luster. This next generation lip stain, formulated with a blend of light hydrating oils & concentrated pigments, delivers lasting color with a glossy finish. Packed with 30% water, Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain leaves lips soft, comfortable and hydrated for up to 6 hours.
Ingredients: OCTYLDODECANOL • AQUA / WATER / EAU • TRIMETHYLSILOXYPHENYL DIMETHICONE • ETHYLCELLULOSE • SORBITAN STEARATE • ALCOHOL DENAT. • CETYL ALCOHOL • PHENOXYETHANOL • SUCROSE COCOATE • SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE • HYDROXYPROPYL GUAR • CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE • HYDROXYCITRONELLAL • LINALOOL • CITRONELLOL • BENZYL ALCOHOL • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE
AMW says ---
- Love the applicator, very easy to control.
- Applies thinly and dries quickly.
- Stays on lips for more than 3 hours of eating and drinking.
- Lips appear moist.
- No flaking.
- Non-greasy, non-sticky.
- Does not transfer on teeth.
- You get an opaque color at one swipe.
- Can be mixed with other shades.
- Very natural moist-look effect. More natural than lipgloss and lipsticks.
- Does not accentuate my lip lines.
- If your lips are extremely dry like mine, lips will feel tight after several hours.
- Sponge tip applicator, as always, you need to go the extra mile to clean it to prevent lip gloss from spoiling.
The texture and feel of L'Oreal Shine Caresse is almost the same as Revlon's Just Bitten Lip Stain, the only difference is that the L'Oreal Shine Caresse gives a tad bit more shine and luster. The colors came out really nice and natural on lips and this stays longer than regular lipstick. The only downside for me (since I have extremely dry lips) is that my lips feel tight several hours after using this. I need to retouch with my favorite lip balm to prevent my lips from drying.
- Carry with you your favorite lip moisturizer if you have extremely dry lips to retouch lip color and protect your lips from drying.
- Best applied using the flat portion of the doe-foot applicator and use the tip to "define" the shape of your lips.
- Mix and match any shades to create your personal shade.
- To prevent the "tight" and "drying" effect (I did several experiment on this and so far, this one is the best). Apply coats of your favorite lip balm prior to Shine Caresse application, dab excess product with a wet tissue and swipe Shine Caresse All Over lips. Once it sets, apply a thick coat of clear gloss or lip moisturizer. This works like a charm!
- Wipe off the sponge tip applicator with a makeup remover wipes after EVERY use.
For clients, yes! For myself, I prefer regular lipsticks like L'Oreal Color Riche Le Rouge and Moist Matte
To whom do I recommend this to?
Lip gloss and lipstick wearers who like the longer lasting effect of lipstick but the more natural version of lip gloss!
Where to purchase and how much?
These are available at L'Oreal Paris counters nationwide priced at Php595.00 (approx $13.22).
Swatch on arm:
L- Shine Caresse 806 (Iris) - Color Me Coral
R- Shine Caresse 609 (Cherie) - Beach Berry
Color Me Coral
Color Me Coral
AMW wearing Color Me Coral
AMW wearing Beach Berry
Which shade do you prefer on me? Color me Coral or Beach Berry?
Which shade would you pick for yourself?
By the way, I will be giving away 1 COLOR ME CORAL shade to 1 Commenter!
Comment away with your name and email address! I will be picking 1 lucky winner via Random generator!
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product sent by company/PR for review. Opinions 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)