I personally LOVE face primers because I specialize mostly on Bridal makeup and you know how demanding brides are when it comes to making sure their makeup stays until the end of the day! I've used and tested out X number of primers and long time reader would know my favorite would still be the Smashbox PhotoFinish Primer in Light! I love it so much I went to the US and looked for the "pump" packaging but seems they faced it out and all they offer is the squeeze type tube packaging! It was a bummer for me but I have no choice as I depend on it so much!
When my favorite brand of makeup (obviously) Benefit! I love this brand so much I work closely with them in terms of makeup workshops came up with a face primer (finally). I didn't purchase it at once because no one can replace my favorite foundation primer until this very moment! Thankfully, during my Benefit US Trip, the Stay Flawless 15-Hour primer was included in the "kit" provided to us so I might as well give this a test before I include this in my makeup kit! Is this worthy to be inside my ZUCA Pro Case just like Benefit Porefessional?
What's unique about Benefit Stay Flawless 15-Hour Primer is that it comes in a "stick" form! This is meant to be applied directly on the face before foundation application! I have to admit, most Benefit products are very easy to use (even for first time makeup wearers) but this one was a bit of a challenge for me! I had to practice different styles in application to finally get the "best" technique!
Benefit says ---
Flawless works overtime! Benefit's instant PRO-long primer acts like a magnet to lock on your foundation for 15 fresh & flawless hours. This invisible stick primer glides directly onto skin for optimal wear and a natural-looking finish. Go longer. Stay flawless!
Size: 0.54 oz.Ingredients: Isododecane, Water, Polyethylene, Polydecene, Silica, Nylon-12, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Polyglyceryl-10 Heptahydroxystearate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Galactoarabinan, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phytosterols, BHT. May Contain: CI 19140 (Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).
AMW says ---
- Non messy to apply as it comes in a stick form.
- Has moisturizing formulation.
- Has immediate mattifying effect.
- Skin feels smooth after application.
- Blurs out small liners and pores.
- Did not enhance the dryness around my skin.
- Foundation stays at least 6 hours for me on this extreme humidity without sliding or fading (consider my skin type: Dry)
- If not applied properly, you may end up with a bit of "splotchy" foundation. Read tips on how to apply correctly.
- Very oily skinned individuals may find this not enough to really keep the oils at bay.
A stick primer that works if you applied foundation immediately after Stay Flawless 15-Hour Primer application. This product helps keep makeup stays at least 3-4 hours for normal/dry skin while combination and oily skin may extend the freshness of their foundation to at least an hour or 2.
- Glide this innovative primer stick directly onto skin, then immediately apply foundation, blending together on face.
- If you have dry skin, apply moisturizer on dry areas before you apply the Stay Flawless Primer as this may be difficult for you to blend out the primer.
- For oily/combination skin, apply the primer directly to your face.
- For dry skin, best to "warm up" the product by applying it at the back of your hand, rub with your clean fingers before you apply on your face.
- You can also blend the Primer and Foundation at the back of your hand before you apply on your face to prevent dry patches.
- I agree with the tips from Benefit, IMMEDIATELY apply foundation as soon as you apply the primer stick directly onto skin to prevent "dry patches".
- This primer isn't meant to be applied all over your face, I highly recommend to apply only on areas that your makeup tend to slide off.
- Fellow makeup artists, if you use this on clients, either use a spatula to scrape off portion of the product before application OR if you prefer to apply directly on clients' face, wipe off the tip before you use on the next client.
Yes. But not for myself but for clients.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Combination, dry and normal skin.
Where to purchase and how much?
Available at Benefit counters (Rustans Makati, Greenbelt, Shangri-la, Trinoma and SM MOA) for Php1,900.00 (approx $42.00)
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/benefitcosmeticsphilippines
What I love most about Benefit products? Their packaging! They never fail to make me feel all-girly!
It comes with a safety "lid" which I don't throw out as it helps keep the top of your primer in good condition (not dry).
This product comes in a swivel up stick which is meant for you to apply directly to your face straight from the tube! This is perfect for quick "touch-ups" when areas around your face starts to oil-up!
For dry skin like yours truly, I prefer to use a spatula and grab a bit of the product and blend at the back of my hand to "warm up" the product and apply with downward strokes as seen on photo below. Pat and proceed with foundation application immediately!
So far, the effect is quite nice, my foundation stays fresh-looking all day, I may have a bit of perspiration here and there but my foundation did not slide off as quick as it is without a primer!
Have you tried Benefit Stay Flawless 15-hour primer?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")