I've sung praises for Burt's Bees lip balm for years! One of the few lip balms that really helped my super dry and chapped lips! (I'm sure by now, you understand how extreme the condition of my lips are with lip swatches and all) But please...tell me you still love me! Chapped lips and all! PINKY SWEAR? *drama mode*
During my first ever collaboration with the brand last May 11th! Each of my attendees went home with their own Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm and May, the Brand Manager of Burt's Bees, was super nice to hand me one as well! I was all giddy inside as I've always been a fan!
Of course, my lips can't wait! I immediately tried this right away and you know how straightforward lip balms are! I won't make you suffer by writing a super comprehensive review but you'll get the drift! Burt's Bees never fail me in creating good lip balms! I love this not because I got this for free....I LOVE this because this product loved my lips! (Just don't give me the Honey version, the scent is not for me - personal opinion)
Housed in a cute recyclable carton
Burt's Bees products are all about saving Mother Nature --- from product ingredients down to the packaging!
Rose Tinted Lip Balm looks oh-so-vampy-red but don't be deceived!
Burt's Bees says ---
Ingredients: Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, olus (vegetable oil, huile vegetale), cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, candelilla cera (euphorbia cerifera wax, cire de candelilla), helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, aroma (flavor)*, lanolin, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, cananga odorata flower wax, jasminum officinale (jasmine) flower wax, ammonium glycyrrhizinate, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza). May contain: alumina, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (iron oxides). *natural flavor
AMW says ---
- Color of packaging! I find it unique and easy to distinguish from other lip balms.
- Gives a subtle and sheer color that's perfect for everyday use.
- Gives immediate relief after application.
- Lips looked moisturized immediately after application.
- Has a tiny hint of yummy scent.
- 100% natural.
- If you have pigmented lips, the color may not show off as nicely as users with lighter lip color.
- Re-application is needed as this doesn't last as long as lipsticks.
- No SPF.
- Price. Some may think this is too pricey but for users with extremely dry and pale lips who like the hint of color anytime, anywhere even without a mirror will think this is worth every single penny!
A very moisturizing lip balm with the added Tint!
- I use this during daytime and keep my regular lip balm on my bed side.
- For better result, apply this underneath your favorite lipstick or lip gloss.
- If you have darker lips (like I do), choose the darkest tinted lip balm shade from the range for the color to show off.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Girls who have extremely dry lips and can't seem to appreciate lipsticks due to the drying effect.
Where to purchase and how much?
At Beauty Bars nationwide for Php650.00 (approx $14.44). You may also purchase ONLINE via Beauty Bar website.
I love reading what's on the packaging! Do you do the same?
Swatch at the back of my hand.
It has a sheer light Rose shade with sheen.
Before and After
top: Bare Lips
bottom: applied 2 layers of Burt's Bees Rose Tinted Lip Balm
Though you almost can't see the shade appear on my pigmented lips, in person, the effect is super natural! Just me with "pinkish" healthy lips! Even Mr. AMW noticed how immediately moisturized my lips look (and feel) hehehehe! :)
Would you go for regular Burt's Bees Lip Balm or the Tinted version?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product sent by company/PR for review. Opinions 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)