I know, not another BB Cream review right? I mean seriously, why would a company even think about creating BB creams when we're off to CC creams and DD creams now?
Kiehl's definitely do not jump into the BB cream bandwagon right away, based on research, the 161-year old skincare company doesn't always aim for first. According to the Vice President of Global Education Ms. Cammie Cannella: "...being first in a category is not our focus, we choose to deliver real benefits in formulas that take innovation to the next level..."
Kiehl's definitely got my respect on that! BB creams are definitely easy to make yet it can also easily ruin your skin! So I'm glad to company went for customers' safety.
The tube is surprisingly small, with only 30ml of a product, I believe I will finish this up in a month or 2 of daily use.
Shade on focus: LIGHT
Back packaging details.
Kiehl's says ---
- Kiehl's Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream
- More than a BB Cream.
- Instantly perfects.
- Visibly corrects the appearance of skin tone irregularities with daily use.
- With SPF 50.
- Available in 3 shades: Fair, Light & Natural.
Net Weight: 30ml tube
AMW says ---
- Comes in 3 shades.
- Gives medium to medium heavy coverage.
- Covers redness and some marks and spots.
- High SPF (SPF50/PA+++)
- Gives natural finish.
- Skin looks healthy.
- No greasy feel.
- Hydrates my dry area and keeps the rest of my skin oil-free.
- Color stays true, no white cast.
- Has Vitamin C which helps in making your skin brighter-looking.
- Though this product is said to be fragrance-free, I find there is a bit of a "woody" scent that turns me off. (personal opinion) The scent goes away after 5 minutes though.
- Oily skinned users may find this BB cream a bit heavy as compared to other BB creams.
- If not "set" properly, the BB cream may slide off especially on users with combination or oily skin.
- Price. Worth spending if it works for you.
A BB Cream that does not only give the benefit of coverage, sunscreen protection but with the added factor of improving skin brightness, reducing the appearance of dark spots and diminish appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This BB Cream has a very good coverage and stays the whole day if set properly. Overall, I see some added skin radiance after more than a week's usage.
- Light shade would work well on MAC NC15-25 users.
- Use your fingers in application.
- Best applied with downward strokes, same direction as your facial hair to prevent streaks.
- Apply more on areas that needed coverage.
- Less is more, try not to apply too much as it may feel heavy on skin.
- To keep your skin dewy, prevent from setting with an oil-control powder and leave the BB cream as it is. I highly recommend to only apply powder on areas that tend to oil up like the T-zone.
No because I still have a lot of other BB creams to use and finish up.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Works for users who prefers high SPF BB Cream with more coverage. The Kiehl's Actively Correcting and Beautifying BB Cream works best for users with dry, normal and combination skin.
Where to purchase and how much?
Available at 7 Kiehl's Boutiques (Alabang Town Center, Greenbelt 5, SM Aura, SM Mall of Asia, Powerplant Mall, Shangri-La New Wing and Trinoma) for Php1,995.00 (approx $44.30).
Simple tube packaging which I appreciate a lot!
A tiny pea-size amount is all I need for the whole face.
Looks a bit light on my skin but upon blending well, it sits perfectly on my MAC NC20 skin.
A little goes a long way so be careful in application.
Before and After
Coverage is really good! The Kiehl's BB Cream covers some redness and undereye darkness.
The after photo was taken with just 1 layer of Kiehl's BB Cream.
Half Face Test
Left facing you: With Kiehl's BB Cream
Right facing you: Bare face
Judging by the before and after photo, I'm on a fence here! During application, I made a statement of NOT liking this BB cream because of the scent, heavy feel and the obvious "coverage"! But giving it a bit of time, the BB cream settled nicely and I look like having NO makeup on but just bright and clear face! Mr. AMW exclaimed how natural the BB cream look even on direct flash photography!
I may have to let the "weird scent" go and continue using this to see more of the effects as promised by Kiehl's! In just a week+ usage, I definitely see some increase of radiance on my skin! I wish to see how it can reduce my lines and wrinkles, I doubt I'll see after just using 1 tube but who knows right?
Should I love the Kihel's Actively Correcting and Beautifying BB Cream
or should I just move on and try other BB Creams? HELP?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product sent by company/PR for review. Opinions 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)