Happy Tuesday! I will be reviewing one of the most requested Happy Skin product to review...the Happy Skin Feeling Scupltacular Face Contour Kit! Although the contour and highlighting product isn't what I normally reach out on a daily basis, this is one makeup product I've taken so much time to really look into! Why? They are the ultimate secret for photoshoots and weddings! I've tried various contour and highlight powders and I swear, I still haven't found the ONE that works for most skin tones.
My ultimate favorite, before trying out Happy Skin is the one from Stila called Stila Contouring Trio, clients probably seen me reached out to this kit so many times and I really have to look for a replacement since this particular trio has been discontinued.
The kit comes with a contour and highlight powder, the exact same pan size as the Stila one which would probably last you...at least a year!
Happy Skin says ---
This special non-silicone contour kit contains Green Tea Extract that is rich in caffeine, a powerful anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory which helps increase circulation and reduce puffiness. The beauty miracle ingredient Neem Leaf also makes this contour kit suitable for people with sensitive, oily and acne-prone skin. It possesses anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties that helps clear out & prevent blackheads, whiteheads, and breakouts. It also hydrates while controlling excess shine.
AMW says ---
- Comes in a slim, cardboard packaging that makes it easy to tote around.
- The Contour shade is not reddish or muddy making the contour effect looks very natural on most Filipinas.
- Pigmentation of both the contour and highlight powder is really good.
- Powder is finely milled, applies like a dream.
- No fallouts.
- The powder stays almost the whole day (consider the user have normal/dry skin).
- Price. You get 2 in one product.
- These can also be used as eyeshadows.
- The highlight powder is almost white making it work mostly on fair to medium skin. Darker skin may find this to be a bit unnatural if applied too much.
The best contour kit I've tried and will actually use this on clients! The contour powder looks very natural and the highlight powder makes my skin appears healthier.
- If you have medium dark to darker skin, apply a bit more contour powder for the "effect" to show up.
- Mix your highlight powder with your favorite powder foundation if you think the effect is too obvious. As for me, I like the highlight powder just the way it is, it gives me a subtle, healthy glow.
- Blending is the key! Always step back and see if you leave any harsh lines!
To whom do I recommend this to?
If you want a quick "uplift" without the surgery, go for this! I have people saying I look better when I apply the contour and highlight powder. (oo na, mas maganda ako pag matangos ang ilong! lol)
Where to purchase and how much?
Priced at Php1,199.00 (approx $27.00). Available at Plains and Prints branches nationwide. Click LINK for exact list of branches. Also available online via Beauty Bar website.
Swatch of Contour and Highlight Powder
With a small face brush, I just "dip" the brush to grab some contour powder pigments.
Contour Powder Application AMW Style
- Always start close to the hairline using small circular strokes, then gently extend the "line" down to the cheeks.
- Feel free to layer more as needed. As for my skintone, 2 application is enough for the powder to show up "naturally".
- If you want your face to appear slimmer, don't forget to contour the chin area. Keep in mind to keep everything subtle.
- Use an eyeshadow blending brush and apply the contour powder at the sides of your nose starting from the inner corner of your eyes.
- Always step back and check for obvious harsh lines.
- Keep in mind to contour areas of your face that you want to "recede".
Using the other side of the brush or grab a clean brush, dab a bit of the highlight powder as shown on photo below.
How to Highlight AMW Style
- I brush a bit of the highlight powder on my nose bridge.
- I also like to apply on the area above my brows.
- Make your brows appear higher by appling the same powder just below your brush.
- Create a "<" sign near the temple area.
- Keep in mind to highlight areas of your face that you want to "pop".
Full face with contour and highlight powder
I love that Happy Skin Feeling Scupltacular appears so natural I ended up doing this step daily!
What is your current highlight/contour powder?
Do you do this application on a daily basis?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product sent by company/PR for review. Opinion 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)