When it comes to drugstore mascaras, I always go for Maybelline! Please say "me too!" if you agree!
It doesn't matter though that L'Oreal and Maybelline comes from the same family but still, I always choose the latter because it never fails to give me the long and thick lashes I want! (Coming from someone who has non-existent lashes).
When I received a unique mascara from L'Oreal, I call it unique because it may be in the usual silver colored mascara tube but the print screams "I'm unique! Look at me!" And oh, let's not forget the name of this mascara, I have this feeling I won't every pronounce it correctly!
Try it yourself: Faux Cils Papillon! I may not know a lot of French words but I understand Faux means "fake" so using my unique IQ :P I know this mascara is telling me that it will give me a "False Lashes effect". Am I right?
No choice, you have to agree I'm always right! *winks*
And yes, Faux Cils Papillon means False Lash Butterfly.
Yes, I speak French...those 3 words mentioned above! :P
L'Oreal says ---
Our number one mascara from Europe is here.
Open your eyes. Create big, bold butterfly lashes everyday!
AMW says ---
- Unique tube packaging making it easy to spot in my pile of mascaras.
- The formulation is just right, not too thick or runny.
- Gives a deep black shade without sparkles.
- Does not dry out my lashes.
- Coats each strand making my lashes appear thicker and longer.
- Does not weigh down the curl of my lashes. Even without curling, it actually gives an instant "lift".
- Does not smudge or smear.
- Definitely gives a "false lashes" effect.
- The wand with the extra "wing" makes it hard to maneuver especially for users with really short lashes.
- A bit tricky to use at first try.
- May clump if applied too much!
Gives volume and length in 2-3 coats. Tested waterproof as it never smudges or smears even in this humid weather.
- To avoid clump, try your best not to layer your mascara too much! In my personal experience, 2-3 coats is enough.
- Do not pump mascara wand to prevent air from coming in the tube making the mascara dry.
- Try to remove excess mascara before application. For first few uses, you will tend to grab too much product making it easy to clump.
- The mascara dries pretty quickly so try not to layer on too much mascara.
- Practice makes perfect! For long-time mascara user, I find it quite difficult to use the wand at first, but after several tries, I am liking the unique wand as it can easily coat each lash strand.
- I did not curl my lashes for the purpose of showing you how it effectively "lifts" my lashes even without curling, but in my opinion, it is always best to curl your lashes BEFORE every mascara application.
- Never apply your mascara in front of a fan as it will dry out the mascara.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Any mascara wearers who like the false lashes effect.
Where to purchase and how much?
Priced at Php695.00 available at leading department stores and drugstores nationwide.
L'Oreal Paris Philippines Facebook Page
The unique wand that comes with the Faux Cils Papillon Mascara
I find it quite difficult to use at first but as I tried using it a couple of times,
I quite like the unique "butterfly wing" wand.
The shortest part makes it easier for me to reach the shortest lash hairs.
Because I got too excited and applied coat after coat, my lashes clumped big time! Making the effect..ahmm..not so pleasing to the eyes! huhuhu
As you can see, each of my lash strands were coated and darkened and the length increased at least 2 times!
On the side, even with "clumpy" looking lashes, the mascara did not weigh down my lash hairs instead, it creates a nice "lift" like I curled my lashes beforehand.
Now on to the Right Application! The right application for L'Oreal Faux Cils Papillon Mascara is just maximum of 3 coats per eye. My lashes look way better and no clumps at all! It definitely gives me a false lashes effect!
Overall, I find the newest mascara from L'Oreal a bit tricky and probably the most challenging mascara wand to get used to, but after several tries and getting yourself acquainted with the said mascara, you'll get awesome results in terms of volume and length!
The False Lash Butterfly Mascara from L'Oreal is Waterproof and will be available in L'Oreal counters nationwide starting this month! So hurry, grab yourself one and let me know how you like/dislike it!
What's the most challenging part for you when it comes to mascara application?Share to me your problems and we can look for answers together! :D
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product sent by company/PR for review. Opinion 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)