I have a list of international blogging sites that I follow from the day I started blogging up to the very present! And one product that was mentioned so many times by my fellow Beauty Addicts around the world?
The famous green and pink mascara tube called Maybelline Great Lash! I wanted this sooo badly but I never thought of purchasing one because I have this notion of: "Once it's not available locally, it is NOT meant for our local market!" (I am referring to our differences in weather).
Fast forward to almost a decade later, who would've thought I have one on my hand?
All thanks to my Sampleroom Family and Maybelline Philippines!
I have the Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Very Black and it is waterproof!
I believe the washable version is available in the US but I don't recommend it here!
Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof Mascara in Very Black says ---
- America's favorite mascara conditions as it thickens
- Lash-doubling waterproof formula glides on smoothly to build great-looking, smudge-proof lashes
- Lash-building brush makes it easy to get a full lash look without clumps or globs
- Contact lens safe and hypoallergenic
AMW says ---
- The mascara has just the right amount of consistency, not too dry or too wet.
- My lashes appears darker, thicker and longer.
- Waterproof indeed! I was perspiring on this crazy weather and my face was literally shiny (from sweat) but I never have mascara smudges.
- The good size of the brush! It works even for users with small eyes.
- Doesn't dry out my lashes so no "crunchy" lashes!
- Easy to remove with regular eye make up remover.
- The curl of my lashes stays!
- Available only for limited time! So HOARD HOARD HOARD if you like this!
- May clump if you apply more than 3 coats.
A good lengthening and volumizing mascara. What I love about the Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof Mascara is the fact that it gives a good definition, it turns your lashes almost really black but in a natural way!
- Always apply starting from the roots of your lashes to the tip.
- 2 coats is the perfect amount to apply or else clumps may appear.
- Curl your lashes first before mascara application.
- Never pump your mascara wand, instead twist it in a circular motion when you plan to "coat" your mascara wand with mascara.
- Always wiggle the mascara wand to your lashes to evenly distribute mascara.
- Once you hit the wand on your eyelid, fret not! Use a cotton bud and gently remove the excess mascara with an oil-free eye makeup remover.
To whom do I recommend this to?
All mascara users even users with non-existent lashes!
Where to purchase and how much?
Available at Maybelline counters priced at Php350.00 (approx $7.95) for a limited time.
Makeup and skincare samples can be found at www.sampleroom.ph
Who would believe Pink and Green would match?
Mascara wandThe size is not too big nor too small. Just right to reach the lashes starting from the root to tip.
For users with good amount of lower lashes, you can easily reach the lower lashes using this same wand.
Before and After
As seen, my lashes finally look visible!
It is my fault as I went for more than 3 coats so it looks "clumpy".
See the crazy length and definitely this mascara gives?
And this curl was there for good 6 hours!
Overall, Maybelline mascaras are my "to-go-to" mascara brand! They are inexpensive yet they deliver! My ultimate favorite Maybelline mascara is still The Magnum Volum' Express and the Great Lash jumps up to my number 2!