Early this month, I've attended a very relaxing event from Garnier, Maybelline and Matrix called Fab, Fresh & Fun: A Summer Picnic. I was excited when Jim Ros, makeup artist of Maybelline used a new mascara on me! After he finishes his work of art, I took one look at my reflection and instantly liked my lashes. I immediately asked him which mascara he used on me, he told me it's the Volum' Express Magnum Mascara which was his personal favorite. I have to give this a try and tell you what I think :) Read on...
Maybelline Volum' Express Magnum Waterproof Mascara says ---
Maybelline Volum' Express Magnum Mascara gives your lashes 9x more volume thanks to its Collagen Formula that plumps up lashes without clumping, and patented Mega brush packed with more bristles that reach even the smallest lashes. The bestseller that's taking the world by storm is also waterproof, smudge-proof and long-wearing.
AMW says ---
- can hold curls for the whole day, does not weigh down the lashes
- gives a bit of length and a volume
- seriously waterproof
- lasts the whole day or until makeup removal
- inexpensive mascara that works
- the slightly curved brush makes application a breeze
- no flaking
- yellow tube is a bit "cheesy" (literally for its color) but you can easily see it amidst all the mascaras
- formula is a bit dry, the whole tube dries up easily as compared to others
- brush is a bit too big for short and sparse lashes like mine
- a bit hard to remove
Maybelline seldom fails me when it comes to performance and price! It's a drugstore brand that I lean on most of the time. I am not a fan of mascara but I found myself using this more often than my other mascaras.
If you like the curl that stays, this is definitely a keeper. Though the length and volume did not increase dramatically, the "curl factor" that stays for the whole day is a winner in my dictionary.
- wait for discounts or sales
- curl your lashes prior to mascara application
- wiggle the lash wand from lash root to tip
- write down the date you first opened the mascara tube so you'll know when to chuck the mascara
- comb your lashes after mascara application with a spoolie to prevent clumps
- gently remove this with your favorite makeup remover prior to washing your face to prevent eye allergies.
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Maybelline counters for Php429.00 (approx $9.33)
After curling the lashes and applied Maybelline's Volum' Express Magnum Waterproof Mascara. 2 application on each eye
You can read reviews from other beauty bloggers on this
Smile and clickBeetrice's Review
My Women Stuff