I will go straight to the point, HD is definitely "in" and is what me and my clients are looking for! So when Revlon came out with their newest lipstick line called New Revlon Ultra HD Lipsticks, I gave them a test right away! It only took me until today to write a good review because I have been testing each shade so many times I am finally ready to share my thoughts!
AMW wore shades L-R Magnolia, Hydrangea, Gladiolus and Iris
The press "gift" came with a cute pouch! I'm not sure if these are available in stores! Do let me know by commenting below if you have any information! The pouch looks really cute and worth the "GWP" because it is made with good quality! Not the flimsy kind of pouch! I actually do not mind using this pouch to store my mobile phone and charger!
Lipstick Army: L-R Magnolia, Hydrangea, Gladiolus and Iris
Revlon Ultra HD Lipsticks says ---
Revolutionary wax-free gel technology for true color clarity in one smooth swipe. Available in 20 high-definition shades.
Available in 20 shades: visit this LINK for more shade information
AMW says ---
- Pigmentation is good!
- Has an opaque finish on one swipe.
- These lipsticks have a balmy texture thus it applies smoothly on normal lips.
- The formulation won't dry your lips or make your lips feel tight after application. (unless you have extremely dry lips like me!)
- The shade choices are wonderful!
- No heavy feel.
- Packaging! The lipstick doesn't swivel completely down so it is difficult not the "touch" the lipstick when you try to return the cap! I like the clear packaging though as I can immediately see the shade inside.
- Can enhance lip dryness if you have extremely dry lips.
- These comes with a flavor/fragrance. May be bothersome to some but I don't mind!
- Some of the darker shades may leave a stain on your lips when some gets removed in 2-3 hours.
- Not all shades have the same formulation. Some are matte, some are sheer, some have a hint of shimmer.
I am stuck in between YES and NO so that's a "MAYBE"? I'd love to rave on these lippies because the colors, the pigmentation and the texture is really good (Revlon nailed this portion when it comes to lipsticks!) BUT, I dislike the fact that some settled into my lip lines (darker shades) and the more matte finish enhances my dry lips! So I'm a 50/50 here! Half of them works really good on me while half of them may not!
On to the HD part, I'm not sure why it is HD? Maybe the fact that the shades are amazing when photographed? Or maybe it gives a nice opaque shade on just one swipe? Or maybe because it doesn't have the "wax-y" feel like most lipsticks? Though I already love the texture of Lip Butters from Revlon!
- If you plan to buy Revlon Ultra HD Lipsticks and you have extremely dry lips like me! Try on testers! As some shades work extremely well even on dry lips like Gladiolus and Iris!
- Best applied directly on lips, don't use a lip brush!
- Be careful in storing the cap back! If you are a Pro makeup artist like me, depot these! I can't imagine using these at work, it'll be messy!
- If you have dry lips and to prevent lips from cracking or feathering, apply with a dabbing motion.
- These lipsticks are best applied on their own without lip balm underneath! If you have the need to prep your lips with a lip balm, wipe off excess wax so that the lipstick won't slide off easily.
Some shades maybe.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Works for normal lips! Dry lips may find it challenging to use.
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Revlon counters priced at Php575.00 (approx $13.00).
This shade can be hailed as "My Lips But Butter". It has a warm peachy nude shade that works for most skin tones.
I call this a Strawberry Pink shade!
The effect could be bright on fair to medium skin tone
while this will look warm on a darker skin tone!
Emma Stone wore this specific shade on the ad and it looks amazing on her and well, nice on me! This can be close to Mac's Ruby Woo but has a bit more reddish orange tone in some angle! This lipstick shade is amazing as this works for both users with cool and warm skin tone. It just magically adjust to your skin tone!
Okay, you guys know how much I'm addicted to "plum-colored" lipsticks nowadays right? Well, some are crazy dark! So if you want to start wearing plum but dislike the extreme "rocker" feel, try this shade!
Overall, I am in LOVE with the shades but I just wish they would work better on users with extremely dry lips! On a good-lip day! I don't mind wearing these because the shades really can uplift my mood and give my face that "ready for selfie" shot even without much makeup on!
Have you tried Revlon Ultra HD Lipsticks?
Which shade do you like the best?