Cushion foundation is the "in" thing in Korea for the past year. My first one is Laneige Snow BB Soothing Cushion.
And because I have dry skin (not extremely dry all thanks to the moisturizers I use!), on days I needed coverage and I can't seem to put on liquid or cream foundation because of extreme humidity, I am actually reaching out the new favorite "cushion" to date --- Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion and it also comes in SPF50+/PA+++ just like the Laneige one.
The packaging is almost the same, or if not, exactly the same as Laneige! To those who are new to "Cushion" foundation, it comes in a thicker compact powder plastic with sponge. It is actually foundation all inside this sponge! I do think about Spongebob EVERY time I use this foundation! (do you feel the same? lol)
Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion says ---
A cushion soaked in foundation, it can be bb or cc cream too, housed in a chunky compact with second lid/compartment for the puff and also to keep the foundation from drying. 6-in-1 almighty cream foundation cushion (UV protection (SPF50+/PA+++) + Sebum control + Whitening + Tone correcting + Anti-wrinkle + Moisturizing). 15g
AMW says ---
- Wonderful sponge! I really like to purchase more of these sponges to use on different foundation!
- Feels cool upon application.
- Gives light to medium coverage.
- Has SPF50+/PA+++
- Gives a nice luminous glow.
- Comes with refill.
- Peel off sticker when product is still new to make sure you get fresh product.
- May oxidize on acidic skin.
- Gives white cast due to the physical high SPF. Please read tip on how to deal with this.
- None of that oil-control for oily skin users!
- May slide off if you did not set your makeup properly.
Amidst the number of cons, I am loving this Any Cushion from Etude House. This is turning out to be my favorite because my skin looks amazingly healthy and glowing without the shine (if set properly). It has a cooling sensation upon application and feels almost nothing upon application which is perfect for summer!
- Always set with a translucent powder or powder foundation (if extra coverage is needed).
- Purchase a shade darker if you want to prevent white cast. I went for Honey Beige , I believe is quite dark, but works really well when set.
- Use an oil-control primer if you have extremely oily skin!
- Application should always be with a "patting" or "dabbing" motion. The sponge that comes with the compact is your best friend.
- Speaking of the sponge, wash the sponge every so often especially if you use this on a daily basis.
- If you have minor skin issues, dab 2nd or 3rd layer of this product and it will never crease or look fake! The effect is always natural.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Normal and dry skin users. Perfect for users who like the look of "dewy-ness".
Where to purchase and how much?
Available at all Etude House stores priced at Php1,098.00 (approx $25.00), refill for Php578.00 (approx $13.00)
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/etudehousephilippines
This comes with a nice mirror, a sponge applicator that is unique and specifically for Cushion foundations and a huge sponge with the foundation that is protected with a sticker.
Dip the sponge gently and you get approximately this amount of product perfect for half face application.
Application should be quick dabbing motion! I mentioned quick because this foundation sets into powder finish.
Before and After
Shade W24 Honey BeigeBecause I use only a few amount and concentrate more on areas of my face that needed coverage (ex. undereye area, sides of the nose and cheeks), I don't have as much white cast as applying a lot of product ALL over the face. This techniques also gives the rest of your skin a chance to breathe.
Half Face Test
See how it gives a bit of white cast? I can easily work on it by setting with a shade darker powder foundation or just set with translucent powder and apply bronzer on some areas around my face! As much as you think I may dislike this foundation due to the white cast, I actually LOVE this and is reaching for this on a daily basis whenever I needed extra coverage minus the heavy feel! My skin turned dull-to-healthy!
Applied all over face setting with loose powder at the center of my face only (T-zone) to maintain dewy look! It may also take a while for the product to "sink in" and white cast will actually disappear.
Will you go for your current regular foundation or will you try cushion?
I am in love with cushion makeup because of the extra glow, moisture and healthy-looking skin effect! I will definitely keep on using this especially when the weather turns cooler because the product is never drying on me!