Happy Tummy Day AMW Friends!
How are you? I hope you are into cooking or if not, into food to be able to visit this site! I know cooking is really not from talent but from interest! Yes, there could be people out there who has talent to cook, I tell you -- I don't! But I want to cook for my family and I'm happy whenever I cook, so I call this my de-stresser! How do you feel about cooking? Can you share me more recipes if you are good at it? :D
Now, asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables after Broccoli, whenever we have asparagus back home, I made sure to cook it in a way that everyone would like to eat it! So I've thought it making it more flavorful by adding bacon into the dish!
Now, this dish is best if cooked with oven! Since our oven was broken (long story) I've decided to push through this dish with my measly non-stick pan!
How? First, ingredients!
- Bacon strips
- For the sauce: Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Oyster Sauce, Soy Sauce, Sugar, Chicken Stock, Corn starch
- Boil Asparagus until half cooked. Set aside the water used to boil asparagus.
- Wrap bacon strips around. Secure with toothpick.
- Fry in medium heat until bacon is golden brown. Set aside.
- Sauteed garlic until brown, pour in the asparagus stock. Add 1/4 chicken cube (Knorr), pour in soy sauce and oyster sauce. Add in salt, pepper and sugar to taste. Thicken the sauce with cornstarch mixture. SERVE
- Corn on cob
- Meat balls (if you have chicken, you may go for chicken or pork)
- Vegetables if you have.
- Chicken Stock.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Boil the corn with the meat on chicken stock. Add in salt and pepper to taste! The soup itself is very flavorful with the sweetness of fresh corn and meatballs!
Voila, simple and easy-to-do recipe for the family!
Share to me your favorite recipes for the weekend! I may try it next week and share it online with hashtag #AMWCooks