Forgive me for the title, I just can't seem to name my "potato" dishes anymore as I cooked so many potato dishes for the past months! Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to turn my family into Potatoes but it's just that, we love potatoes and we have loads of them back home and I need to cook them all in various ways! It doesn't hurt that toddler Kyle loves potatoes so much so this momma will do anything to make her son happy!
Happy Toddler= Happy Mommy = Happy Daddy!
The dish turned out really well especially the sauce! It was just an invention and the family loved it so much now I'm wondering if I can re-do the sauce! :P Any fellow cooks out there have the same problem?
- Cubed potatoes
- Ground Pork
- All-purpose flour
- Soy Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Onion and Garlic
- Bread crumbs
- For sauce: chicken stock, oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt, green bell pepper, sugar, cornstarch mixture
- Fry the cubed potatoes and set aside. I like frying the potatoes separately so you can definitely feel the "crunch" on every bite.
- Mix ground pork, fried potatoes, onion and garlic, salt and pepper, 1 egg, all-purpose flour and mix them all together!
- Form "burger pattie" and this step is optional but I like to cover each pattie with bread crumbs for extra crunch! I like the crunchier taste of any fried food with bread crumbs.
- Set aside the cooked burger and prepare to create your sauce.
- Sauteed garlic and green bell pepper, once they are brown, pour in chicken stock and add in soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar.
- Do a taste-test and adjust depending on your liking --- I prefer sweeter mixture so I add more sugar.
- Once you are happy with the taste, pour in cornstarch mixture to thicken the sauce.