You know how we always associate "corn" as a side dish! Would you believe I grew up with "corn" as part of our main dish? And I was seriously excited for it?
This is inspired by my mom's recipe! I lack carrots but nevertheless, it tastes just as amazing...tastes just like my mom's "straight-to-the-tummy-and-heart" meals!
- Corn in can (Jolly)
- Chicken breasts cut in cubes
- Oyster sauce
- Soy sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Cornstarch slurry or a tablespoon of butter
- Sugar or Teriyaki Sauce
- Garlic and onion
Super simple to do, you can cook this in less than 5 minutes if all the ingredients are prepared!
- Sauteed garlic and onions.
- Brown the chicken cubes.
- Once chicken cubes are brown and cooked, pour in canned corn.
- Stir for a minute or 2 and add water.
- Add in soy sauce, oyster sauce and teriyaki sauce (or sugar) mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once you are happy with the taste, pour in cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce. In my case, I prefer to add a tablespoon of butter to "thicken" the sauce. Tastes even better!
Have you tried including corn as part of your main dish?
What other "corn" recipes have you tried?
I highly recommend to add shrimps for this dish for more flavor but I'm allergic to shrimps so I settle for chicken.