I've been stopping myself to purchase a makeup setting spray because I knew in my heart, it will always work differently if I use it in our country. The humidity really won't make the cut so I always depend on a good primer and a good setting powder and skip setting sprays.
When L'Oreal Paris came up with their newest and most innovative product for the year 2016 under Infallible line called the Pro-Set & Spray, I knew I had to give it a test before even thinking about including this in my professional kit.
It comes in a sleek black packaging with a rubberized texture that tend to "collect dust". I wish they do something about the bottle and just make it as simple as possible.
L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Spray & Set Says ---
The first makeup extender and setting spray from L'Oreal Makeup Designer/Paris, experience all-day perfection and makeup without touch-ups. Known to lock-in makeup for a "just applied" look to keep makeup looking fresh all day. Infallible Pro-Set & Spray is totally lightweight, oil-free and non-comedogenic just like a barely-there mist.
AMW says ---
- Easy-to-use spray type bottle.
- Light mist.
- Feels really fresh and refreshing after every use.
- Dries pretty quickly.
- Doesn't dry out dry or normal skin users.
- Can keep makeup stay longer at a certain extent. (Let's say 2-3 hours more depending on your location)
- Takes a bit more time to dry up as compared to Skindinavia.
The L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Spray & Set spray does help extend your makeup with minimal retouch. It controls oil and shine at a certain extent but if user have extremely oily skin, retouch may still be needed midday.
- Apply on the whole face in X and T motion to set the look.
- Shake before use.
- Apply with the bottle away from face around 6-8 inches.
- If you applied too much, use a clean tissue and gently pat off excess product.
- It helps to dry your face after application before going out of the house.
- If you have dry skin with normal or oily combination, feel free to spray this product directly on a sponge or stippling brush and gently apply the product ONLY on areas that needed oil-control.
No, just because of the scent.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Those who prefer to use makeup setting sprays to prolong the look of freshly applied makeup, decrease shine on areas that tend to oil up. This is perfect for users with normal, combination and oily skin.
Where to purchase and how much?
Available in all L'Oreal Paris Counters nationwide priced at Php500.00 (approx $12.00)
Rubberized bottle is a no-no for me.
As to "set" the makeup, I prefer to apply around 6-8 inches away from my face with eyes close. I start by doing the "X" mark and apply more on areas that tend to oil-up or where makeup tend to slide (around the T-zone) so I'll do the "T" action.
Overall, I can live without this since I have dry skin, for those with oily skin, I highly recommend to give this a try because it does help extend the wear of makeup, you just have to bear with that strong scent for 2-3 minutes after application! Afterwards, it goes away.
Do you currently use or need a makeup setting spray?
You may want to read ---
Mary Kay Makeup Finishing Spray by Skindinavia