It took me a bit of time to review The Benefit POREfessional Matte Rescue because everyone who reads my blog knew how much of a normal/dry skin I have! So I had to really wait for the chance to apply this on clients, and myself! As my T-zone does get oily especially with this crazy weather on random days! After months of testing, I'm finally ready to review how effective or not-effective this product is.
The newest from POREfessional line, the Matte Rescue Super mattifying Gel.
Thankfully, this product is an "invisible-finish mattifying gel". With this crazy weather, who needs to add anything on the face that gives color? Not me! There are days I just want to zoom out of the door without wearing any makeup at all! Just to prevent any possibility of makeup meltdown!
Benefit POREfessional Matte Rescue Says ---
Matte rescue instantly minimizes pore appearance. The lightweight, water-based gel overpowers shine and absorbs excess surface oil, leaving a natural-looking matte finish. Skin feels smooth and refreshed. Contains diamond powder known for its soft-focus pore-blurring effect. --- Benefit
AMW says ---
- A little goes a long way!
- Gel-like texture so it never feels heavy on skin.
- Has a nice light floral scent.
- Surprisingly effective even on normal skin!
- Gives a refreshing feel and effect on skin! (Must be the presence of diamond powder that made my skin looks more "blooming" than usual)
- I don't see the "instant mattifying effect", the effect comes around maybe after a couple of minutes after? (I was probably expecting this to be like the POREfessional Balm which gives instant blurring effect!)
- Oil-control may not hold for the whole day for users with extremely oily skin!
A wonderful addition to your "kit" when you want to prolong the oil-control to around 2-3 hours (depending on how oily your skin is). Lightweight, refreshing gel that smells awesome!
- Best to use this under POREfessional balm. I find using both together works better!
- No need to apply all over face! Apply only on areas that tend to oil up like T-zone or chin.
- A bit bigger of a pea size is the right amount for the whole T-zone.
- Can be applied alone or as primer.
- Best use with clean fingers.
Will I repurchase?
Not for myself but for my professional kit. A great touch-up tool for clients.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Those who wanted to minimize retouch. Best for oily and combination skin.
Where to purchase and how much?
Available at Benefit counters near you (Greenbelt 5, Rustans Makati, SM MOA, Shangri-La Mall, TriNoma, Central Square BGC, SM Megamall and ATC priced at Php1,600.00.
Facebook: Benefit Cosmetics Philippines
Instagram : @BenefitBeautyPH
Super nice packaging! I feel so "rich" every time I pull this out!
Sealed upon purchase! It has to be sealed for freshness, do not get it if the seal is broken!
The gel comes with a light bluish tint but it disappears after massaging the product on skin.
Before and AfterIt doesn't seem to make any difference but skin definitely looks "more refreshed". It does extend the wear of your makeup at the same time, lessen the amount of oil produced to approximately 2-3 hours or MORE (depending on your skin's sebum production)
I am definitely targeting to use this hand-in-hand with the POREfessional BALM! It works better that way!
Do you think you need Matte Rescue in your life?