When it comes to Make Up Artistry, I am one firm believer that there will always be room for learning, there will always be room for improvement.
So when I learned Thai's Top Make Up Artist Nongchat is coming to Manila for a ONE DAY workshop/masterclass, I knew I had to be there. Thanks to Nippon Esthetics and Bohktoh for sending me an exclusive invite.
The long wait was finally over, the day arrived but the bad news is, I was really sick and the weather wasn't even cooperating! Arming myself with 101% willpower, I knew I can't miss the chance of the lifetime so I went.
The event was held at The Green Sun Hotel and you wouldn't believe how early my fellow makeup artists were! The workshop starts at 9:00am and I arrived quarter to 8:00am and the place was almost packed with make up artists buzzing with excitement. I almost forgot I was sick when I arrived there!
The wonderful part aside from the workshop is, the presence of sponsors. A Pop-up is available (and open to public) for that day with exclusive discounts.
Sighted: Nippon Esthetics and Bohktoh Booth
Brands that Glamourbox carry are all on display! Eye of Horus, Pop Beauty and a lot more!
I hoarded my Bohktoh and Nippon essentials!
I bought 8 boxes of Bohktoh lashes and stock up on my favorite Nippon cotton and sponges.
I got my KIT and took a sit. All excited!
Thanks to Nivea too!
Then I got goosebumps when the life video of Nongchat was shown before he came up on stage. It was very humbling to know where "Passion" can take you! For someone as young as 27, I would say, he is living the dream!
He did his magic by creating Glam Eye make up! The model looks! Through this workshop, I learned how to apply false lashes correctly and how piling up to 3 or 4 lashes is possible as long as you use the right technique.
And my favorite make up look was done! The Nongchat Bridal Look. Prior to attending this workshop, I took some research about Nongchat's works and has always been fascinated with the way he enhances the eyes of his Brides. I love how they look strong yet subtle (contrasting I know! But you'll understand me if you read further!)
Check out the AFTER look of Glamourbox's own Beauty Queen Ms. Lia Andrea Ramos! My photos doesn't do justice to her look but she is indeed a glowing bride!
Some tips I learned from Nongchat ---
- Best to use water-based moisturizer.
- Spritz face with water to refresh client.
- Check with the client if they are going for indoor or outdoor makeup. As your make up look should base from there.
- When it comes to foundation, it is best to use 2 shades to give your face dimension.
- Nongchat likes to do eye makeup first before brows.
- Nongchat likes to use cream based shadow as an eye primer.
- For a better looking liner, use pencil first and top with liquid liner. Layering is the key.
- Eyelash glue aren't just used to stick false lashes, they are also a great way to put hard-headed brows in place.
- Instead of using brow pencils, it is more natural to use an eye shadow with a damp brush.
- It is always OKAY to pile on lashes.
- Make up is not permanent, if it doesn't look right, remove it and do everything again!
Check out the cute reaction of Ms. Lia after seeing her makeover! She looks radiant and extremely gorgeous! I swear!
Close up! Check out the bottom liner, I love it!
I was so honored to have my photo taken with Ms. Prang!
Imagine, I have a photo with the CEO of my favorite lash brand!
with Glam-Look Model, Nongchat and Lia
With my ever-supportive friend Ms. Sydney Go (proud sponsor of AMW WORKSHOPS).
I am so proud of you and thank you for this exclusive invite!
Have you learned something from Nongchat based on my report?
Do you like the Bridal Make up Look he did? How about the Glam Look?