As a make up artist myself, I have my own "MUA Squad" that I look up to and follow on Instagram heavily for inspiration. They are (in no particular order) --- Juan Sarte, Mickey See, Denise Go-Ochoa and Jigs Mayuga. There are a few more but the names mentioned are definitely on my top list! So when I got an invite for the launch of the Happy Skin Glam Squad Collection, the brand's latest collaboration developed together with the Filipino makeup masters mentioned above, I knew I had to clear my schedule and be there!
The collection feels like having your own professional makeup artist who glam up top celebrities (in the country) at the comfort of your own home! It doesn't hurt that they are housed in a super chic and glam rose gold packaging!
It was a refreshing event as I get to reconnect with fellow Beauty Bloggers and good friend Sophie Uy from Happy Skin.
|L-R Sophie Uy, Me, Liz and Jackie|
Happy Skin Arch Definer & Brow Mascara
Php949.00 (approx $19.00)
Comes in 2 shades
It has a pencil side and a brow mascara side to tint your brows.
Happy Skin Glam Squad Contour & Color
Php1,399.00 (approx $29.15)
The contour shade is said to be a different version than the old contour shade that was released by Happy Skin last year. This is more muted, more natural and works for all Filipinas. The Blush Color, on the other hand is a gorgeous rosy-coral blush powder that can warm anyone's complexion.
Happy Skin Glam Squad Custom Brush Set
Php2,999.00 (approx $62.50)
Happy Skin Glam Squad Eyeshadow Duo
Php899.00 each (approx $18.80)
- Denise takes inspiration from her trademark and went for matte caramel and satin-finish medium brown eyeshadow.
- Mickey has a bride-to-be in mind and went for shimmery peach and matte light brown eyeshadow to bring out a blushing look.
- Juan brings to life the modern look with a choice of bronze and champagne eyeshadow that can create both day and nighttime look.
- Jigs wanted Happy Skin to have a bold look with his version of matte brown and matte black eyeshadows that can help easily create smoky eye makeup look anytime anywhere.
Happy Skin Glam Squad Liquid Matte Lipsticks
Php699.00 each (approx $15.00)
All 4 Liquid Matte Lipsticks Won the heart of many! Seriously, how can you pick just ONE?
- Denise's shade is naked peach liquid lipstick perfect for everyday use.
- Mickey creates a deep blush liquid lipstick which looks perfect for brides.
- Juan went for a universal mauve liquid lipstick that can be applied lightly for day time and heavily for night look.
- Jigs rose-brown liquid lipstick screams "very millenial" all the way!
We were so lucky to get the chance to interview Denise Go-Ochoa. She was super down-to-earth, friendly and humorous! I am just floored that I get to learn more tips from her!
Now aside from all the collection looking fab and amazing, what I love about this collaboration is how the four master makeup artists are giving a portion of the collection's sales to their charities of choice: Juan, to a global food assistance program; Denise, to Haven for the Elderly; Mickey, to orphanage White Cross Children's Home; and Jigs, to LGBTQ network LAGABLAB.
Now, that's definitely Beauty with a heart! Congratulations Jacq and Rissa and the rest of the Happy Skin team!
The Happy Skin Glam Squad Collection will be pre-sold from August 15-21 at happyskincosmetics.com and zalora.com.ph.
The collection is exclusively available at www.zalora.com.ph: Starting August 22, shop for your favorite makeup master's eyeshadow duo and liquid matte lipstick and get the Glam Squad Double-Zip Pouch for free.
For more information on where to shop, visit www.happyskincosmetics.com and you may shop online (for both local and international readers).
Which particular Master Makeup Artist Collection are you aiming for?