I remembered several years ago when I started blogging. Makeup primers are a hit on my favorite International Bloggers' sites. In the Philippines, it was literally a huge "What's That?" makeup! I remembered going through makeup counters asking SAs for "primers", and I always get that blank look! Either that, or they give me a sunblock! *hahaha* Those were the good old times!
Fast forward to today, just how many primers are available in the market? TOO MANY TO MENTION! Even I get confused at times! But what's not confusing for me is the fact that I finally found an oil-control primer that isn't too drying even for users with normal, combination or dry skin! Housed in a simple black tube, it is called Kate Tokyo Long-Lasting Primer.
Kate Tokyo Makeup Lock Primer by Cover Says ---
A no-shine, no-fading makeup base.
It minimizes pore visibility and keeps makeup in place for a long time as if putting a lock on it.
- Contains long-lasting coating formation ingredients
- Contains oil-absorbing powder
AMW says ---
- Lightweight and gel-like texture.
- Applies smoothly on skin.
- Does not dry out my skin.
- Gives a nice base perfect for foundation application.
- Makeup holds at least an hour or 2 longer (for oily skin)
- For normal and dry skin, my makeup lasts the whole day! Or until makeup removal.
- No allergic reactions.
- Tried this on my client who has enlarged pores, it lessened the look of large pores a tiny bit.
- Skin looks healthier and brighter with this underneath.
- For those who prefers the "tight" and "matte" effect after application, you won't get it from Kate Makeup Lock Primer.
- If you use this on a daily basis, a tube won't last you long.
This primer works for ALL skin types. It contains 4 types of silicon polymers that gives out a smooth touch and minimizes the look of pores!
- Can be applied thinly all over face and apply 2nd or 3rd layer on areas that tend to oil up. (ex. T-zone).
- Let it sit for a couple of minutes before you proceed with makeup application. This gives time for the product to work its magic.
- Evenly spread using clean fingers or use a foundation brush.
- Once signs of allergic reactions occur, STOP usage.
Will I repurchase?
To whom do I recommend this to?
Everyone who wants their makeup to last a bit longer.
Where to purchase and how much?
Available at local Kate counters priced at Php550.00 (approx $12.00).
A regular "sunblock-looking" primer with an almost liquid consistency.
As for application, I prefer to apply all over my face concentrating on the center were my makeup tends to slide.
Keep in mind to apply more on the sides of the nose, under the eye area (before concealer application) to create a smoother base.
Before and After
You may not see it much on photos but my skin looks a bit brighter with the Kate Makeup Lock Primer. Aside from that, my foundation lasts a bit longer! I wore this underneath when I was busy with 3 errands, was exposed under rain and harsh sunlight, so far, my makeup stayed!
What do you prefer when it comes to oil-control primer?
Natural-feel or super matte finish?