Out of the 7 days of the week, I stay in Kyle's school every morning for 3 full hours around 3-4 days! And the waiting area is right outside the school minus the shade.
The first few months, I was too busy worrying about keeping myself sane waiting for 3 full hours outside the school (series marathon anyone?), I did apply body sunblock but didn't wear anything on my face because I'm just too lazy, tired and sleepy to do so! Then I attended an event and saw a Media friend whom I haven't seen in a while and she said: "Nikki, did you recently go to a beach? Your face looks a bit darker!"
That's when I realized how important it is, REALLY important, for me not to skip my daily sun defense even on days I don't feel like I need to prettify myself. Because Sun Protection is not just a "beauty thing". And it was perfect timing when I received a gift from The Body Shop Philippines.
Parang sinasabihan talaga ako nito!
New from The Body Shop, well, not so new now since it took me almost emptying both tubes to review these.
The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Protect Emulsion
The Body Shop Skin Defense Multi-Protection Essence
I alternate these 2 and use them depending on my skin condition. On sunny days, I go for The Body Shop Skin Defense Multi-Protection Essence as it has SPF50 and fight not only UVA and UVB rays but air pollution, air conditioning, radiation, temperature and humidity, hard water and artificial blue light.
On cloudy days and days when my skin doesn't feel it's best, I go for The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Protect Emulsion because aside from giving me sun protection, it also helps give my skin a boost of moisture that I need.
The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Protect Emulsion ---
A lightweight, milky formula to moisturize and protect your skin against UVA and UVB damage.
- Locks in moisture for 48 hours of hydration, leaving skin feeling soft and smooth
- Antioxidant properties protects against free radicals
- Powered with Biofermented Hyaluronic Acid
I personally like how this does not only hydrate my skin but keeps my skin looking fresh all-day long! It didn't took me awhile to try out this product because I have used the Vitamin E range from The Body Shop in the past and they work! What I enjoy about using this Emulsion is the lightweight, non-greasy feel! It has hyaluronic acid so it explains why it can lock in moisture all day!
As for application, I like to apply a thin layer starting at the center of my face adding up layer as needed. The emulsion has a liquid consistency almost similar to other SPFs I've tried. It gets absorbed into my skin in no time so I can actually jump to powder application and I'm ready to go!
The Body Shop Skin Defense Multi-Protection Essence ---
- UVA Protection: Helps protect skin from UVA rays which reach deep within the skin and accelerate the process of skin ageing.
- UVB Protection: Helps protect skin from UVB rays that trigger redness and damage the skin surface.
- Anti-oxidant: Helps protect skin from external aggressors such as environmental pollution that weaken the skin's ability to remain healthy.
- Anti-dullness: With red algae extract and Vitamin C to brighten skin for a more luminous complexion.
- Instantly: skin feels smooth, supple and replumped with moisture. After 4 weeks: skin appears brighter, more refined and skin tone appears more even.
- Experience this lightweight, milk-to-water essence that breaks in contact with skin and creates an invisible protective film, whilst leaving skin non-greasy and moisturized all day.
Surprise! Surprise! This is called an Essence but at the back of my head, I treat this as a sunscreen because of the high SPF content! I mean seriously, SPF50 with 4 PA pluses?
Now after trying this out for months I understand why this isn't just your regular face sunblock! This is indeed a skincare with added sun care benefits! Imagine, a lightweight texture that gets easily absorbed into the skin and DOES NOT LEAVE WHITE CAST! Okay, before we get TOO Excited, no white cast -- yes, but it gives that healthy-looking sheen upon application which may be an issue for users with extremely oily skin! It doesn't bother me though because I always set with a loose powder to mattify certain areas of my face!
Now I don't get "red" a lot when I get exposed under the sun, I just TURN DARK after several days! So I can't really tell if both sun protection works but all I have to say is, I did not get darker after using both products!
Before and After
I like the nice sheen and healthy glow it gives after using both products (randomly)
Have you tried or seen the 2 products from The Body Shop?
Which particular one would you like to try out first?