Easy-gradient-looking lips are super in since the start of 2016. It started with Laneige when they created their Two-Tone Lip Bars and the other brands follow.
One brand that I was expecting to come up with more two-tone lip products is Etude House, and after constantly stalking their store at LCM (Lucky Chinatown), I finally spotted the Etude House Balm + Color Tint. The only difference is that, it is a combination of Lip Balm and Lip Tint instead of the usual lipstick.
There are a total of 5 shades in store and I picked shade 4 which is RED. Well, it comes off reddish orange on me!
Etude House Balm + Color Tint
Php478.00 (approx $11.00)
According to Etude House ---
Hydrating lip balm meets vivid color making Gradation Tint Stick easier and faster to apply.
It is housed in a simple jumbo lip balm tube and there's no need to sharpen this! All you need to do is to twist the bottom cap and you're ready to go!
Swatch: Shade 4
Here's what I have to say after using this a couple of times ---
- Pigmentation is really good.
- The balm gives off a hydrating finish.
- Not as easy to create gradient lips as compared to other brands because of the sharp tip! (Tip: Flatten the tip as per use so the next application would be easier)
- Surprisingly, though this product is super hydrating, it actually enhances the "look of dryness". It felt good on lips but it must be the color that highlighted the dryness of my lips.
- Has a subtle fruity scent that goes away after several minutes.
- Surprisingly long-lasting! The red tint stays even after the light pink balm disappears a bit.
Overall, I may have picked the wrong shade because red-orange won't work much on my skin tone. I will give other shades a try and will update you guys! I am very happy with the "feel" of using this balm so I will probably use this to create a "single" color instead of two-toned lip color.
What do you think about Etude House Balm + Color Tint?
Do you think it's worth to try?