So you first heard about Dearberry on my blog when I posted about their Toc Toc Blusher. Obviously, that doesn't end my relationship with the brand! I read good reviews on their Magic Oil Control Primer so I had to try it out! I actually took a lot of time testing this product since my skin is on to the combination side now (Normal/Oily on T-zone) especially on humid days I had to wait outside my son's school for 3 full hours!
The primer is housed in a pot packaging and it comes with mousse-like textured primer. Will show more photos below!
Dearberry Magic Oil Control Primer Says ---
- Getting rid of oils and dirt while rejuvenating your skin.
AMW says ---
- Has a super soft, mousse-like texture. Feels great when applied on skin.
- Skin appears softer, smoother.
- Can lessen the look of enlarged pores.
- Makeup lasts longer with Dearberry Magic Oil Control Primer underneath.
- Makeup appears smoother.
- No skin irritations.
- Doesn't dry out users with normal or dry skin. This Oil-Control Primer surprisingly works for me!
- Lesser retouch with this.
- You have to dip your fingers each time to grab product.
- If not blended properly, makeup may appear cake-y.
An oil-control primer that can be used before or after makeup application. Can be worn alone to achieve smoother-looking skin with less appearance of pores and fine lines.
- If you want to be hygienic about each usage, prepare a small scoop to scoop out the right amount of product needed.
- Close lid tightly after EVERY use.
- The Dearberry Magic Oil Control Primer isn't meant to be applied all over your face. To save up, apply only on areas of your face that needed "oil control".
- Best to be applied using your clean fingers for product to melt well with body heat.
- Use small amount to start with to prevent product wastage.
- Apply using quick, small, circular motion.
- Follow up with your favorite foundation, BB creams once Dearberry Magic Oil Control Primer is well-blended.
Will I repurchase?
To whom do I recommend this to?
Users who have normal, combination and oily skin who wants to lessen the appearance of oil midday.
Where to purchase and how much?
Dearberry Magic Oil Control Primer is priced locally at Php480.00 (approx $11.00). You may visit www.dearberry.ph for more product and brand information or online orders.
Facebook (www.facebook.com/Bamrockmdsg) (www.facebook.com/dearberry.ph)
IG (@Bamrockmdsg) (@dearberry.ph)
Packaging and product
The texture is in between cream and mousse.
Once blended the lines around the skin are blurred out a bit.
For my skin type, I only use a small amount on the T-zone.
Before and after
You can see some blurring action on the sides of the noise and the skin beside the nose area.
The Dearberry Magic Oil Control Primer is one of the very few oil-control primer I can really use (after Benefit Porefessional). It helps blur out lines, pores and redness so I use this a lot on days I know I needed some oil-controlling powers for my T-zone.
How do you like the effect of Dearberry Magic Oil Control Primer?
Will you give this a try considering the packaging, price and my before and after photos?