By now, everyone should know the difference between a regular Powder and a Powder Foundation. Powder foundation usually gives coverage and dual powder foundation can actually be used Wet/Dry. As for powder or setting powders or finishing powders, they are there to "set" your makeup without much coverage! This is a perfect "retouch" powder that I highly recommend for all my clients so as not to "move" their makeup or change the shade of their base makeup!
And what makes it even more wonderful is when companies are creating additional benefits for setting powders, just like L'Oreal Infallible Powder, this product does not only "set" your makeup, it is set to control oil and gives out a matte finish up to 16 hours.
L'Oreal Infallible 16HR Pro-Matte Powder Says ---
Absorbs excess oil and reduces shine on the skin’s surface for up to 16 hours. The lightweight pressed powder can be used alone, to set foundation after application, and/or throughout the day for quick touch-ups.
Up to 16hr shine-defying power. Creates the perfect matte finish. The pro look of long-wear.
Available in 6 shades
AMW says ---
- Blends to skin easily without cake-y finish.
- Gives matte finish in an instant.
- Does not settle into pores or fine lines.
- Dry skin gals can use this without making skin looking dry or parched.
- Can even out skin and skin looks healthier and brighter.
- No caking!
- The sponge doesn't feel right in application (personal opinion), I prefer using a brush to "set" your foundation or retouch.
- Not 16 hour matte-free, around 4 hours for extremely oily skin wearers and 6 hours for normal skin.
A decent mattifying powder that works well as a retouch powder too! Silky, easy-to-apply and very lightweight. The finish is extremely natural.
- Best used with a face brush instead of the sponge that comes with the packaging.
- Apply more on areas that tend to oil up.
- Before applying this midday, use an oil-blotter to remove excess oil to prevent product build-up.
- Even with brush application, best to apply with short, tapping motion to "set" the foundation instead of "moving" it.
Will I repurchase?
To whom do I recommend this to?
Users with normal, combination and oily skin.
Where to purchase and how much?
Available locally at L'Oreal counters near you priced at Php600.00 (approx $13.33).
Nude Beige on Pan
Separate compartment with mirror and sponge
After applicationThe effect is very natural, you can still see some of my imperfections (redness around the nose and undereye darkness) but that's because I didn't wear anything underneath.
Half Face TestIt can cover minimal undereye darkness and redness around the cheeks and sides of the nose.
Note from AMW: My undereye circle is naturally darker than my other eye.
What do you use to retouch or set your makeup on a daily basis?