If you are into watching Makeup videos on Youtube, you probably heard about Pony's Makeup. I don't really get the chance to sit and watch youtube all-day long, but just in case I have a couple of minutes to spare before going to sleep, I watch Pony because I love her personality, her makeup style and just HER overall!
So imagine the excitement when she came up with her own makeup line called Pony Effect. How can I get my hands on them since I can't seem to travel to Korea anytime soon? Thankfully, there's Althea and upon seeing them stock up on Pony Effect Makeup, I knew I had to give her Contour Powder a try!
AMW wears BB Cream, Brow product
and Pony Effect Nice Shading in Crony
Pony Effect Nice Shading
Php960.00 (approx $19.20)
Available online at Althea
Product description (taken from Althea website)
There are a total of 3 Shading Shades Pony came up with - Behind Story, Divine Work and the newest shade Crony.
Crony is the newest shade added and of course, I had to pick the newest shade just because at the back of my head, I thought of her adding this up because of "demands" plus, this is the "middle" shade (Divine Work being the lightest and Behind Story as the darkest).
Let's start by talking about the packaging, it comes with a simple rectangular pan (like that of Shu Uemura blush) and it is housed in a plastic dark blue packaging with rose gold accent on the inside. You don't have to worry about "needing long nails" to flip the packaging because it comes in a magnetic lid.
Crony is a cool-tone light to medium brown shade.
Definitely none of that red tint at all so this is by far one of my most natural contour powder shade to date!
Will definitely update next time with comparison of other brands as I'm starting to purchase contour powders again!
What I'm happy about this purchase is that, I tend to grab this on a daily basis to contour both face and nose! Again, the shade is light and subtle enough to work even on bare face! People don't even notice I have makeup on and I get compliments on how something is "different" with the way I look!
Brush used: Pro Studio Beauty Exclusives
Face Framing Contour Brush
Available at: www.beautymnl.com
Before and After
Very subtle shading on cheeks
Nose Contour Using Poisemakeup brush
Overall look and effect
AMW says ---
- Simple yet very innovative packaging.
- Does not test on animals.
- Subtle effect, can be used on a daily basis.
- Crony is a perfect contour shade for users with fair/light skin tone.
- Medium complexion users may try Behind Story.
- Divine Work is super light (based on swatches online) so you need to be extremely fair to be able to use it or if you really like extremely subtle or almost non-existent contour.
- The powder is indeed silky and easy to blend.
- No streaks or obvious marks.
- Lasts approximately 3-4 hours on cheeks, nose contour may need reapplication if I tend to wipe my face a lot midday.
- Only downside? You have to order online and stocks are limited.
I can't wait to try other Pony Effect products because I am definitely impressed with this one!
How do you like this contour shade from Pony?