I've always been adventurous with makeup. I don't look into just trying out expensive brands, I am more for going for products/brands that works (irregardless of how much they are worth). So when I saw an eyebrow pencil lying on top of my desk called Golden Rose, I immediately had to go straight to the computer to do some research about the brand.
Golden Rose is cosmetics brand from Turkey. They actually are already in the market for over 30 years! The price range of the cosmetics are on a drugstore side and they have complete makeup range to create various looks!
The Golden Dream Eyebrow pencil doesn't look unique as compared to other brands, it comes with an eyebrow pencil and a brush. But hail to those into brushing their brows! The brush is actually soft and useful!
The shade I got is 306 which is actually almost taupe but lighter than regular taupe shade makeup you own.
Golden Rose Cosmetics Dream Eyebrow Pencil Says ---
The eyebrow pencil, expressing your eyebrow in natural form and shaping brush are all in one to complete your make-up perfectly.
Synthetic Wax, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera Cera, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Glyceryl Ricinoleate, Octyldodecanol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera Cera, PPG-3 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Isopropyl Lanolate, Myristyl Myristate, Cera Alba, Acetylated Lanolin, Isododecane, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Allantoin Aloe Vera Callus Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter. Tocopheryl Acetate. Bisabolol, Octadecyl Di – T – Butyl – 4 Hydroxyhydrocinnamate. May Contain (+/-) : Mica, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 15880.
AMW says ---
- Comes in various shades to choose from.
- The shade 306 is actually unique and very natural on colored hair.
- Very natural.
- Can be applied with heavy hands and the result is still natural.
- Again, the brush is actually use-able.
- Pigmentation is not as good. This could be a pro (for heavy hand users and amateurs but a con for those who are used to pigmented eyebrow pencils).
- The eyebrow pencil is not as creamy and easy to apply. I have to apply with heavy hands for shade to show up.
- The pencil needs to be sharpened.
- Not widely available.
A nice start-up eyebrow pencil product.
- Best to rub the pencil at the back of your hand (to warm the product) before you apply on your brows.
- Apply with a bit of heavier hands as compared to how you would apply with other brow pencils.
- Once done, use the brush that comes with the pencil to brush off excess pigments for more natural finish.
Will I repurchase?
This particular shade -- yes.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Shade 306 is perfect for users with light hair. This shade is also perfect for those who went through brow tinting and the shade is starting to fade off! This is a perfect natural-looking brow shade.
Where to purchase and how much?
At SM Beauty Section Makati (where I got this) but may not be available soon anymore. So consider yourself lucky if you can still score one.
Close-up of the eyebrow pencil in shade 306
Application, I like to start at the center of my brows and gently build coverage. On my other brow I had a regular eyebrow pencil which I normally use for you to see the difference of shade and how unique 206 is especially for those who doesn't have colored hair.
L-Bare Brows R- with Golden Rose 306
It doesn't look great on me because of my hair color but I highly recommend this for those who have sparse brows and natural-colored hair. (aka Black, Dark Brown or even Gray Hair)
Have you gotten yourself any GOLDEN ROSE product?I'm not sure if they will be forever available locally but if you get to see their products, do give them a try before they're gone!