Remember my old "I Wonder" post on Red Lipstick?
Just so you know, when I wonder, I really do wonder and I do take into account each and every comment like an important advise from a dear friend! Thanks for the recommendation and I'll definitely give them all a try if money is not an issue! :)
A lot of you told me to try MAC's Russian Red, and people! I do listen! :) I did some research and this lip color from MAC is known to be the best Red Lipstick in the world! So who am I to snub this color?
Care to read for my review? .......
Thank you! :D
Yes, I've used the lipstick
many times already!
MAC Russian Red lipstick says ---
Described at MAC website as intense bluish red.
Askmewhats says ---
- gives a huge impact on tired face (good kind of impact)
- the bluish red shade makes the teeth whiter
- no shine at all, very matte, perfect for huge lips like mine
- long lasting
- looks really good almost on anyone on any skin tone
- very pigmented
- matte lipstick formula can be drying to already chapped lips like mine (always make sure to exfoliate and moisturize your lips several minutes before using a matte lipstick)
- pricey for a lipstick
A very pretty RED, I didn't feel bad purchasing this lipstick because it really works great on anyone! The red tone came out differently depending on the lip color and skin tone of a person but so far, it works really well on more than 10 people who has tried this!
- do not apply this lipstick right after application of lip balm as the color will slide off and won't stay
- if you feel the Russian Red color is too much, dab your lips with a tissue paper right after application
- use a lipbrush to define the lips as bright red lips can easily enhance flaws of application
- want a more glam look? Top this with a lipgloss!
- learned this in Basement Academy: Use this lipstick for black and white photographs! So pretty
- look for dupes!
Where to purchase and how much?
At MAC Counters Shangri-La or Glorietta for Php900.00 (approx $18.00)
Swatch on hand
My colleagues will kill me
(forgive me :P)
But this is how MAC Russian Red
looks on different individuals!
See how insanely sexy we look?