If you ask me what eye makeup application is very important for me, definitely not mascara application! I can live without mascara but I've found myself grabbing for an eyeliner each and every time before leaving the house! No wonder I've had so many gel liners, pencil liners and liquid liners around!
I couldn't believe I missed something out!!! Becca Cosmetics came out with an intriguing product! The Becca Eye liner Compact that comes with an Eye Seal! Yes darling, there is such product around!
Becca eye liner compact says ---
This amazingly versatile eyeliner can be applied wet or dry to create a range of looks, from elegant defined to intensely smoldering. Packaged with a liquid sealer to maximize the formulation's long-lasting, smudge-proof and water resistant benefits, the dynamic duo is all you need for a flawless liner application. Fragrance-free.
Perfect for creating a sharp sexy line along the top or bottom of lashes.
Can be used dry for soft, smoky definition or wet for a stronger line.
Waterproof sealant makes the line smudge-proof, budge-proof and water-proof.
1g/0.03oz compact & 4ml/0.14 fl oz vial
Eye Liner Compact: Talc, Kaolin, PVP, Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Laneth-40, Glyceryl Stearate, Ricinus Communis (Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Ricinoleate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax), Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Microcristallina Cera (Microcrystalline Wax), Cetyl Alcohol, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben and may contain: [+/- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007, Ferric Ferrocyanide CI 77510]. Water Proof Sealer: Aqua (Water), Acrylates/ Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Diglycol/ CHDM/ Isophthalates/ SIP Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben.
AMW says ---
- seriously stayed put for the whole day, even when I cried, it stayed on!
- no irritations occur
- seriously lasts for whole day or until I remove the liner
- you can control the "lightness" or "darkness" of your eyeliner which is quite hard to achieve on gel liners,liquid liners or even pencil liners!
- very versatile, I can create a very simple naturally defined eyes or I can apply thickly to create a wilder look!
- I find the packaging to be really good! Made with good quality materials and it comes with a mirror and a "protector shield"
- very tricky to apply
- if you're a lazy bum, this will take a lot of effort just to line your eyes!
- if you love the sealant that goes along with this, I have a feeling the sealant will be gone faster than the eyeliner powder!
- the sealant bottle has a huge opening, I prefer this to be housed in a dropper so I don't need to dip the whole brush inside the sealant which is quite unhygienic
I thought I've already tried all forms of eyeliners! But I guess I'm wrong! This is the most intriguing eyeliner I've tried! I like how versatile this product is, there are some days gel liners are just too strong for my taste, so I would just grab onto this and apply this dry near my lashes, which made my lashes fuller!
I am very confident in the smudge-proof, budge-proof and water-proof quality of this product because I've tested this so many times! It really lives up to its claim!
- Keep eyes open and apply a flick of eye liner to the outer corners (to ensure the line flicks up with the shape of the eye rather than tilting downwards).
- Draw a line as close to the lashes as possible, starting thin and increasing as desired.
- Use Fine Eyeliner Brush #6 for fine, precise line or Eye Definer Brush #30 for a soft, smudgy effect.
- Do not wet entire cake - allocate one half for wet use only, leaving the other half for dry use only
- need to test on different eyeliner brushes for different effects!
- you can apply the eyeliner dry prior to the application of the sealant, I personally prefer to wet my brush with the sealant to grab more pigments.
- if you have an empty "visine" bottle, transfer the sealant to this bottle so you'll have a dropper!
- if you don't want to transfer the sealant, I suggest you turn over the sealant a bit and use the sealant left on the cap area and always wipe it with cotton or paper napkin to make it clean (OC-ness!)
- if I finish up the sealant from Becca, I'll probably use my Make up Forever's Eye Seal!
I don't know how long this will last me, I've used this for more than a month and it looks like I wasn't even touched!
Where to purchase and how much?
At Becca Counter located at Adora, Greenbelt 5 for Php1,750 (approx $38.00) <-- at first glance I felt this is pricey, but after using this for a month, it is worth it as this lasts longer than pencil liners and liquid liners!
Check out the swatch with and without sealant
Without - when applied, looks very natural, doesn't look like you've used eyeliner, lashes appear fuller
With - a more dramatic lined look, effect came out the same as using a liquid liner. Can thicken your eyeliner easily, no flaking
Without - can rub off easily but doesn't leave a dirty smudge
With - have to rub many times to remove. Doesn't leave any dirty smudge or marks too
Quite small yet powerful!
Perfect to tote around, what a great combination!
Perfect to tote around, what a great combination!
Have you tried similar eyeliner compact?
How do you find using them?