Aside from skincare and cosmetics, I am very keen to use the best hair care products for my chemically-treated and super damaged hair. My hair has gone through so much stress lately! Let's not even count the times I've discovered the happiness of curling my own hair with curling irons!
I've seen L'Oreal Elseve products widely available locally. It took me some time to muster the courage to give this a try as I've had bad experience with the L'Oreal Elvive line. After more than a month of usage, here's what I have to say...
L'Oreal Elseve Smooth Intense says ---
Expert care for dry,frizzy and rebellious hair.4x smoother, sleeker hair.
2 Precious Ingredients: Nutrileum + Silk Protein
For the first time, from the L'Oreal Laboratories, they have combined its patented ingredients Nutrileum, a combination of a nutritive micro-oil and a smoothing agent, with Silk Protein, known for its smoothness and thermo-resistance, to deliver a double action.
1. Intense nutrition: the creamy formula nourishes and calms your hair from root to tip for an easy and homogenous smoothness.
2. Anti-Frizz 48hours: like a shield, the formula helps protect your hair against the effect of humid or dry condition, such as frizz and puffiness.
AMW says ---
- smells wonderful
- shampoo does not strip off oil on my hair
- combination does not give me the tangle
- easy to comb through hair
- very moisturizing
- not much hair fall
- daily use: gave me dandruff
- can oil up roots due to hot and humid weather
I've tried the Elvive line and I can totally vouch the Elseve one works way better for our weather. Maybe Elvive line is best used in some parts of the world. This combination works really well for dry hair as it moisturizes hair quite well. Since I deep condition my hair once a week, I only needed to use this combination 3x to 4x a week and use an anti-dandruff shampoo for the rest of the days!
- alternate the shampoo and conditioner combination if you find this a bit too rich
- I use Head & Shoulders Shampoo together with L'Oreal Elseve Cream Conditioner on random days
- get your hair completely soaked with water prior to shampoo application
- dilute shampoo if needed then massage it gently onto the scalp area, completely rinse off hair
- run through a dollop of conditioner or more (depending on hair length) from the middle portion of your hair down to the tips
- if hair itches and dandruff occurs? Stop using shampoo and conditioner all together
Will I repurchase?No, so many variants out there, I need to give others a try!!!
Where to purchase and how much?
Available locally at leading supermarket and department stores.
Elseve Smooth-Intense Care Shampoo for Php139.00 (approx $3.00)
Elseve Smooth-Intense Cream Conditioner for Php165.00 (approx $3.60)
Photo of hair finishing the L'Oreal Elseve Shampoo and Conditioner
Which lasts approximately 2 months
(1st month everyday usage and 2nd month alternating with other shampoos)
**note: sorry my hair turns wavy here, I tied it in a bun half the day
Have you used this line? Or other lines from the L'Oreal Elseve?
Let me know what's your favorite!
You can check out my review on the Elseve Smooth-Intense Anti-Frizz Maskby smiling and clicking HERE