I haven't been using much eye makeup lately because I'd rather apply makeup on other people rather than myself! With the weather improving, I am glad to finally give the new Revlon Perle and Satin eye shadows a try. These colors I chose to be part of my train case as the shades are neutral enough for bridal look and works even great on mature clients. I like multi-tasking products! After several tests and usage, I can finally give my 2 cents on these eye shadows.
Revlon Luxurious Color Eyeshadow says ---
- Rich, refined pigments and velvety smooth textures
- Glides on smoothly, blends effortlessly
- Helps define and accent eyes
- Satin shades provide a smooth shimmering finish
- Perle shades provide a sparkling crystallized finish
- Matte shade provide a creamy rich finish
5 Satin finishes - Smooth, Shimmering Finish
- Polished Bronze
- Shimmering Sienna
- Nude Slip
- Peacock Lustre
- Platinum Glimmer
- Glistening Snow
- Brushed Copper
- Black Galaxy
- Violet Starlet
- Sunlit Sparkle
AMW says ---Pros
- long wearing
- color shows up even without eyeshadow primer
- both shades I got are pigmented
- easy to blend
- one single eyeshadow lasts a long time!
- packaging is sleek and nice
- has a sticker for protection
- the free eyeshadow application isn't bad at all!
- Shimmering Sienna: very pigmented, nice rich brown shade with a nice satin finish
- Sunlit Sparkle: as stated in its name, it has a nice sparkle and I chose this shade especially to highlight the inner corner of my eyes and the brow bone. The sparkle isn't chunky at all
- more variety of colors will be better
- the Perle line may have a bit of fall outs if not applied carefully, use an eyeshadow primer or a concealer as your eyeshadow base
Not bad for a drugstore brand. I am quite surprised with its pigmentation and the shades are really pretty and even comparable to high end brands. People may find this cheap but for it's eyeshadow size, it's worth it as it'll last you forever. I try to choose the shades that are for daily use and bridal use so I can really maximize the usage!
- though color payoff is great, I suggest to use a concealer or eyeshadow as base to make the eyeshadow last longer
- use the right kind of brush/tool for application. Test on different brushes
- if you want to eyeshadow to show up better, use a flat shader brush or the free eyeshadow applicator and apply with patting motion
- if you're not comfortable with eyeshadow application or considers yourself a newbie, you can purchase one "safe" or "neutral" shades and apply one color on your lid area with a patting motion to put on some color on your eye area.
- do check out sales once in a while to save money!
Yes, especially the satin line
Where to purchase and how much?
At Watson's, Beauty by SM, Landmark, Robinsons, PCX, Gaisano Metro, Sta. Lucia, Unimart, Mercury Glorietta and other retail stores nationawide for Php475.00 (approx $10.33)
Shimmering Sienna Up Close and Personal
Shimmering Sienna is Satin in texture
Reminded me of a bronze and chocolate combination
Sunlit Sparkle Up Close and Personal
Sunlit Sparkle is Perle in texture
Color is close to cream with a hint of sparkle that's not too tacky
Swatches on (L) Sunlit Sparkle and (R) Shimmering Sienna
Swiped 2x without base
I've done a very simple application for our friends who are just starting out on makeup and do not own a lot of brushes. I applied both color using the free eyeshadow applicator and my fingers to blend
Finished with my favorite eyeliner at the moment: Elianto StayOn Eyeliner in Black. Of course, you can always finish this look by curling your lashes and apply 2 coats of your favorite mascara (I did not do this step in the photo below, that explains the nude lashes) :D
Have you used any Revlon eyeshadows? Are you impressed with it?
I haven't tried a lot but I have tried a nice Revlon Palette from my dearest friend Gracie way back called Revlon Make a Sheen "Olive It Up". I can totally say, the texture and color payoff of these new single shadows are way better! That's a nice improvement right?
(Note from Author: Products are sent by company for review purposes. The writer did not and will never receive any kind or form of payment for positive reviews. The review has been done based on personal experiences. Please purchase at your own discretion.)