The place were I work is quite informal, I can wear whatever I want as I don't meet clients in person. Gone are the days I have to wear formal clothing and high-heeled shoes. As much as possible, I dress comfortably at work, and what's the most comfortable get-up for me? Wearing comfortable footwear! Dressing comfortable does not mean you have to look like you just woke up and went straight to the office, you can always be comfortable and in-style!
My colleagues can vouch that I'm a "Ms. Flats", I wear flats as much as possible as I love walking! I've purchased a couple of flip-flops which is perfect especially for the rainy days! I just don't look for the "look", when it comes to flip-flops, I make sure it's very durable! I don't want to be walking with broken flip-flops!
I've owned a couple of "known to be durable" brands and I'm glad more and more companies are coming up with flip-flops designs and I can easily find one that suits my personality. One brand came into our shores recently!
Ginga Flip-Flops says ---
Pronounced as jinga (which literally means to rock back and forth or to swing like the fundamental movement in capoeira), flip-flops aren't just for summer strolls and beach getaways. They are the perfect footwear for the rainy season --- they are comfy, stylish, durable, and easy to clean and dry. No need t worry about drenched shoes and dripping socks!
AMW says ---Pros
- very durable!
- very comfortable! I can walk all day wearing this!
- has wide range of designs base on your personality and taste
- can be easily washed and dried
- a lot of designs to choose from
- print does not fade!
- Some people may find these to be expensive for their taste, but trust me, I own one that lasts for more than 3 years! Still looking new to-date!
Worth the investment, I've been wearing this most of the time during weekends especially when I'm looking forward for a whole day walking or busy weekend with make-up gigs! I can depend on this to make me feel comfortable and it does not feel heavy at all!
- as much as possible, clean your flip-flops after every use
- dry them with a paper towel or rag
- do not overstretch the "thong" of your flip-flops
- I've read this somewhere: to maintain your flip-flops looking brand new, soak them in warm water with "denture cleaning" tablets, gently brush it with a toothbrush
- if you pack your flip-flops for travel, try to purchase a flip-flops bag for protection
- never overbend your flip-flops
Where to purchase and how much?
Ginga are available at SM Malls, Robinson's, Gateway, Market-Market, Trinoma,etc...Exact price will be confirmed soon
The Ginga Basics
Basic colors in gold and purple that looks classy!
Ginga Printed Ad
Hip linear designs with solid colors easy to match your favorite apparel
Ginga Printed Fem
Vibrant designs from zebra prints to florals, perfect for that fun side of you!
And here's my very own Ginga Flip-Flops!
Bright, fun and yet, not too loud! Perfect for me "all-year-round"!
Do you like wearing flip-flops?
If so, how many pairs do you own to date?