If lashes can walk on their own and jump onto my eye, I'll wear them everyday! I am born with non-existent lashes, as you all know, as I've always been complaining! Though I'm proud of each and every part of my body that God created, there are some days I wanted my lashes to be "at least a tiny bit " visible especially on photos!
This blog post is not a post of me finding lashes that can walk on its own! Though it'll be wonderful if there's such thing! Today, I'm blogging about a new lash brand that's so comfortable to use and very natural to look at! The name itself sounds chic and pricey, but what's the real deal?
GlamBox Mink Lash
GlamBox Mink Lash says ---
Soft, lightweight, velvety, flexible and natural-looking, every GlamBox Mink Lash gives you the look and feel of luscious celebrity lashes that were once exclusive of personalities like Oprah and Madonna.
GlamBox Mink Lashes are made from individually selected mink furs that have been harvested by gently brushing live farm animals. They are not chemically treated or dyed to ensure the velvet appearance that can only be found in mink fur. They are sterilized and are hypo-allergenic.
AMW says ---Pros
- Packed in a very professional packaging you can tote along.
- The packaging can be used as "lash storage"
- Comes in with clear instructions printed at the backside of the lashes. (you can click photo to enlarge)
- It's shape and form remains the same even after several usage.
- Seriously lightweight, once applied correctly, I don't have the heavy feel like most falsies would give!
- Looks very natural!
- Once applied correctly, can brighten up the eyes and eyes look huge!
- Can be reused up to 20 times as long as you take good care of it! (worth the investment)
- Made from 100% real mink fur (as stated by the company), that shocked me a bit at first but glad to know the company does not support animal testing and they are harvested by gently brushing live farm animals! No animals were harmed making these falsies!
- Hypo-allergenic, contact lens users can use this without irritating the eyes!
- The glue that comes along with this has already dried up. So first time users, I suggest to purchase a lash adhesive separately.
- Pricey at first glance and pricey if you ruined the lashes at first use! Practice first with inexpensive lashes before you use this!
If you wear false lashes a lot of times, this is a great investment as it is very natural to look at, does not feel heavy on your eyelids and does not irritate my sensitive eyes! I love the fact that this is easy to clean and I've reused this for a couple of times and the lashes remain new-looking!
Tips (from GlamBox and AMW)
How to use?
- curl your lashes with an eyelash curler
- cut lashes at the ends to suit your eye lash line size
- gently shape the band of the lashes with your fingers to give it a curve.
- click HERE on how to apply falsies
- as much as possible, no need to apply mascara to prolong the life span of the mink lashes. You can choose to apply mascara on your real lashes prior to falsies application.
- I suggest to purchase your own glue, a good one would be from Ardell or Andrea instead of the glue that comes with this.
- Apply some eye makeup remover to the eye lash area, wait for a few seconds to allow adhesive to loosen up.
- Start by removing the corner of the lashes from outside, gently pulling it out. If you find it difficult to pull out, dab on the area again with a makeup remover to loosen glue.
- Use a gentle eye makeup remover that's safe for the eyes.
- Never pull lashes too hard as it may ruin the "shape" of the falsies.
- Wash lashes using a gentle makeup remover to take out dirt.
- Soak the lashes in water for about 5 minutes to soften the rest of the adhesives.
- Use a pair to tweezers to remove excess glue if needed.
- Store lashes in the original packaging to retain its shape.
- If I plan to store the lashes for longer period of time, I apply tiny dot of eyelash glue on both ends of the lashes and stick it back to the packaging to maintain its shape!
Yes! For my personal use!
To whom do I recommend this to?
Girls with short and sparse lashes or even girls blessed with good-looking lashes are both welcomed to use this! It adds up to the charm of your eyes minus the fake lashes look! I can even suggest this to first-time-false lash users because it does not make you feel sleepy like those heavy lashes I've tried!
Where to purchase and how much?
At Glambox Cosmetics Website for Php1,500 a pair (approx. $35.00)
Photo taken before and after GlamBox Mink Lash, photo may not be taken the exact angle and distance but you can see the difference of eyes with falsies as compared to none!
I am keeping track on the total number of times I will be able to reuse the GlamBox Mink Lash! If I can wear this for at least 10 times, I consider it a great investment! Php150.00 (approx $3.49) /usage isn't bad at all! If I can use it for 20 times Php75.00 (approx $1.75) /usage is even better!
I'll report back!
(Note from Author: Product was sent for review purposes. All information written are based on the writer's personal experience. Author did not and will never receive payment for positive reviews. Please purchase at your own discretion)