I am loving Etude House because of 2 things! The cute doll house exterior and interior and of course, the fact that the company got 2NE1 star Sandara Park to be their model! I like Sandara Park and I am proud of her achievements both in the Philippines and in Korea.
Admittedly, I did not have plans to purchase mascara (at all) during my Korea Trip! The sales lady, while looking at my puny lashes, advised me to try the new mascara under the Proof 10 line! With the huge HENNA Fix written on the tube, I gave it a try right away and saw my lashes grew darker and longer which is a huge 'yes' for me and no for my wallet!
"Proof 10" was made according to the Sales Lady who can actually speak Mandarin *LOL* for the humid weather in Korea and I was told humidity is crazy there during summer! If this mascara is made for the harsh weather up there, that made me hopeful that this will work in our country!
After several times of usage, does this pass my standard for a good mascara?
Etude House Henna Fix Proof 10 mascara says ---
Henna Fix Proof 10 Mascara is a long-lasting waterproof mascara designed to stay put on lashes even in the most humid conditions.The henna extract with its multi-proof technology is a new combination great for water-resistant coating for the eyelashes which will leave a distinguishing feature to the eyes while ensuring that a neat and tidy eye shape would be maintained; and the "Wave Brush" would also produce voluminous eye lashes. Dusky black formula thickens and plumps up lashes without clumping up. Unique spiral brush evenly coats each lash strand with mascara, emphasizing and playing up your eyes with every swipe. Easy to remove with makeup remover.
AMW says ---Pros
- Very cute and girly packaging housed in a dark pink packaging, the mascara wand handle reminded me a bit of Anna Sui cosmetics.
- No smudging nor flaking for the whole day.
- The black shade of the mascara is very black! I think that's where "Henna Fix" got its name.
- The wand makes it easy to reach out outer and inner lashes.
- I can apply 3-4-5 coats of mascara and it does not clump as much compared to other mascaras.
- Easy to remove with a regular eye makeup remover.
- Does not weigh down lashes.
- It dried up faster than regular mascara! I've been using it for a month and its starting to dry up!
- For those looking for full lash look, this lenghtens and volumizes but not the exaggerated type!
- Though this does not weigh down lashes, it does not hold the curl for a long period of tie.
I actually liked this mascara! I found myself using mascara daily because this mascara stays for the whole day and does not give me panda eyes! And the best of all? I don't need to use gazillion of cotton and makeup remover in removing this at night! Less makeup removal = less rubbing = less wrinkles! :)
- Always twist cap tightly after use to prevent mascara from drying up easily.
- You can choose to mark the exact date you opened this mascara to keep track how long you've been using this!
- Never pump mascara wand as air goes in which makes mascara dry up faster.
- If you are loving the mascara wand, you can choose to clean the wand once you throw away the mascara and use this on your other mascara brands!
- To prolong the mascara life, you can dip this mascara (while its tightly sealed) in a lukewarm water to warm up the formula of the mascara.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone who wanted the nice long and full lashes look that's not over the top! This is great for daily mascara userss!
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Etude House for Php628.00 (approx $14.60). I bought mine in Korea for cheaper price approximately Php500.00 (approx $11.60) so the price difference is not bad.
I actually curled my lashes on the "after" shot.
As seen in the photo below, lashes are darker!
The curl stayed but it does clump a bit,
but it can be undone by brushing my lashes with a spoolie
The length and volume is not extreme
but the lashes obviously look darker and a bit fuller
I know a lot of you have visited the Etude House locally, *shy shy* I haven't!
Have you tried this mascara? What's your favorite Etude House Mascara?