When I visited Korea, I hoarded loads and loads of eyebrow pencils from different Korean Brands. Looking back, I regret that I did not purchase a single pencil eyeliner! The past few days, I've given my eyes a huge rest from gel liners and I'm leaning on to pencil eyeliners nowadays! One reason could be because I am into tight lining more + a few coats of my favorite mascara, I'm ready to face the world!
Just like gel liners, I am opting for the regular blacks and browns even on pencil liners! I searched through my "makeup backups" for clients and I told myself they won't miss this if I grab one for personal use! :P
Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner in Brown
Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner says ---
Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner glides on easily adding drama and definition to your eyes for up to 16 hours. Waterproof formula won’t smear, smudge or fade.
AMW says ---Pros
- Retractable! No sharpening needed!
- Has built in sharpener at the bottom end to sharpen the eyeliner anytime, anywhere!
- Glides on easily.
- Matte brown shade is what I'm looking for.
- On tight lining: Does not transfer to the bottom part of my eyes.
- On upper lash line: stays for the whole day with no smudging (note: author does not have oily lids)
- No allergies or eye irritations even when applied on waterline as it's said to be ophthalmologist-tested.
- Instead of smudging, eyeliner does fade a bit especially when applied on waterline.
- A bit pricey as compared to other local eyeliner brands.
- For super oily lids, this may still smudge on them.
It's a good eyeliner in terms of pigmentation and the way it glides on easily. This is not the BEST eyeliner pencil around but definitely worth owning.
- Use an eyelid primer if you have very oily lids.
- Set the eyeliner pencil with a similar colored eye shadow to "set" the liner to make it stay longer.
- Remove eyeliner at the end of the day with a good eye makeup remover and q-tip. Be very gentle.
- Do not twist the eyeliner too much as you may break the eyeliner.
- Try not to sharpen too much, having a super sharp tip can hurt the eye at times!
Will I repurchase?
For the price, I am ok with my Elianto Eyeliner Pencils though.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone who wants the less hassle eyeliner pencil, people who doesn't mind shelling out a bit, and the color brown is so natural to look at its meant for people starting out on makeup and doesn't want the "exaggerated eyeliner" look!
Where to purchase and how much?
At Revlon counters locally for Php475.00 (approx $11.30).
The whole length of the Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner Pencil
Applied on hand
Brown is just plain, matte brown,
no sparkles nor glitters which I like!
Left: Bare Eyes
Right: with Revlon ColorStay eyeliner pencil in Brown
(applied on upper lash line, waterline and lower lash line)
It's no-brainer to reach out for this on a daily basis because of the natural look it gives!
What's your "No Brainer" eyeliner?