I have been a lover of powder foundation, no wonder Sophie used that as a weapon to challenge me not to use one for a week!
I have been using the Avon Ideal Shade Dual Powder Foundation for a couple of weeks prior to the challenge and when the challenge was lifted and I'm allowed to use powder foundation once again, I continued using this and I'm finally ready to give my thoughts.
Avon Ideal Shade Dual Powder Foundation SPF15 says ---
Customize your look. Wear it wet for a natural finish. Wear it dry for a matte powder finish. Medium coverage.Available in: Pure Beige, Natural Beige, Shell and Nude
Net Wt. 9g
AMW says ---Pros
- Packaging is nice, I like that the sponge has its own personal compartment.
- I like the all black packaging. So chic!
- Sponge that comes with the compact works really well, washable and dries up easily.
- Has SPF15.
- Gives an even light-medium coverage if applied dry.
- Gives medium coverage if applied wet.
- No weird scent.
- No skin irritations nor allergic reactions.
- Does not create a white cast on photos even on direct flash.
- Does not dry up my dry skin. Well it pays that I do my skin care regimen well prior to make-up application.
- If applied dry, retouching is needed after approximately 2-3 hours.
- Not for people who prefer heavy coverage powder foundation!
- A bit difficult to choose for your shade since you can't see them in stalls!
This dual powder foundation works great for people on the go who doesn't have the time to always check on the mirror if their foundation matches their neck! the product can really sets in well and looks very natural both in person and on photos!
- To find the right shade you can test on this from a friend who has one! Or, look online for pictures of people who have the similar shade as you and uses this foundation. Check which shade they use!
- If you plan to use this dry, use dry all the way. Same with using wet, once you applied wet, the powder won't be nice enough to use as dry.
- If you prefer heavy coverage foundation, apply your favorite liquid or cream foundation then set with Avon ideal Shade Dual Powder Foundation with a patting motion using a sponge or with a circular motion using a powder brush.
- Dry skin must moisturize skin well and let it set prior to powder foundation application.
- Oily skin must use oil-control primer especially on areas that oil up easily prior to powder foundation application.
- Wash the sponge at least once a week to keep your sponge bacteria-free!
- Though the powder foundation has SPF15, with the harsh rays of the sun, use a face sunblock before make-up application.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone who likes the natural looking foundation. Works better on normal skin. Drier skin may need a bit of moisture boost prior to application. Oily skinned individuals on the other hand may need an extra help from an oil-control primer!
Where to purchase and how much?
Php499.00 (approx $12.00). Call your Avon ladies by visiting www.avon.com.ph.
The shade I use is Shell F101
Size of compact side by side with MAC Studio Fix
The size is almost close, Avon's a bit bigger
Applied on one side of my hand
as seen with a check mark
It blended quite well on my skin color
In my past tutorial "AMW Version: Opening up my eye with purples", I've used the Avon Ideal Shade Dual Powder Foundation in Buff which works really well on my skin color! Look at photo below on how the shade matches my neck!
Have you tried any Avon powders? Powder Foundations?
Which one works for you and what shade you use?
Avon enthusiasts may look into your blog and find their matched shade through you! :)
(Note from Author: Product sent for PR consideration. The author is not affiliated with the company. All information written are based solely on author's personal experiences. Please purchase at your own discretion.)