Rain may be coming our way but that won't stop me from using sunblock! I actually use face and body sunblock 365 days in a year! Well, minus those lazy days, I would say at least 350 days a year! :)
After the review on Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Complete UV Waterlight Lotion SPF50 PA+++, a lot of you asked me to compare this to the Nivea Sun Whitening Immediate Sun Protection Collagen Protect SPF50 PA++ in which I will review today!
- Immediate UVA/UVB Protection System and Active Whitening Care
Effective protection against sunburn and premature skin ageing. Protects immediately upon application, no need to wait for 20 minutes. The formula with Licorice extract reduces skin's pigmentation at its source to effectively lighten the skin. Reduces melanin production responsible for dark and uneven skin tone.
- Advanced Collagen Protect
Protects the skin's collagen to help prevent wrinkles caused by frequent sun exposure.
Ingredients: Aqua, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Bis-Ethylhexyloxphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Sodium Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonate, Diethylhexyl Butamido Triazone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Glycyrrhiza Glara, Tocopheryl Acetate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Trisodium EDTA, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Trimethoxycaprylysilane, Alcohol Denat, DMDM Hydantoin, Phenoxyethanol, BHT, BHA, Parfum.
AMW says ---Pros
- Packaging is squeeze-type tube which I like for sunblock!
- Well-sealed upon purchase to maintain freshness.
- Moisturizes skin.
- Water-resistant, perfect for water activities.
- Immediate sun protection which others do not promise!
- Does not oil me up before the day ends.
- Mild fragrance.
- Gets absorbed into the skin easily.
- Has SPF50
- Has a tiny amount of shimmer which others wouldn't approve of - oily-skinned individuals or shine-phobics!
- Again, this is a stated fact that most sunscreens contain alochol, this one is no exception.
- Feels a bit heavier on face as compared to other face sunblock.
- PA++ (2 pluses only as others can offer 3 pluses), PA, by the way is used to measure the protection of UVA rays. This is no biggie but who wouldn't want to extra plus? :D
This is a good product for people who like immediate sun protection! Perfect for swimming as the texture of the product sticks into the skin quite well!
- Apply generously before sun exposure and reapply frequently, especially after swimming and towelling to maintain the original protection.
- Do not stay too long under the sun, even while using sunscreen.
- Keep babies and young children out of direct sunlight.
- Wear protective clothing and use sufficient sunscreen for unprotected areas.
- If you have strong allergic reactions to certain ingredients, read labels carefully. If unsure, test the product on your neck or below the ears for at least 12-24 hours prior to usage.
- Once applied, leave it and let the product gets absorbed into the skin prior to your make-up application.
- Face sunblock is applied after your skincare regimen.
- If you have oily skin to start with, use an oil control primer after sunblock application before foundation application.
- Try not to pile up a lot of product at once! Apply a thin layer if you're not exposed under the sun for too long. (Going in and out of the office).
- If you will be staying under the sun for long, apply a generous amount over face do not forget the tip of your nose, the ears, the back of your neck! These are areas we tend to miss out!
Yes but will use this on outdoor activities.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Drier skinned individuals would appreciate this more! Anyone planning an outing that entails long hours under the sun.
Where to purchase and how much?
At leading groceries and supermarket for approximately Php379.00-427.00 (approx $8.50-10.00)
The texture of Nivea Sun Whitening Face Cream SPF50
Consistency is not too runny nor thick
Once you blend out the product,
it creates a white cast with hint of shimmers
With continuous massage, the product gets absorbed into the skin
and gives a very faint film of "not-so-obvious shimmer"
Note: You can easily counteract the shimmer
with a matte powder foundation or setting powder.
Have you tried Nivea Sun Whitening Face Cream?
I can't seem to attest the "whitening properties" as I haven't finished the tube! It does maintain shade no matter how many times I've been exposed under the sun!