Benefit's Benetint is famous for their gorgeous cheek tints! Unfortunately, the brand is not available locally so we have to settle for other brands and I may have to say (with conviction), most of them don't come cheap!
I have tried The Body Shop's Lip and Cheek Tint and it works fabulously! Like most cheek tints, working fast, I mean, really fast is one requirement that you should master! Cheek tints are known to dry quickly even during application, a lot of us find it quite hard to blend!
There's actually one cheek tint brand that does not require you to work like a superhero! San San Everyday Cheek Tint! Read on for the rest of my review!
San San Everyday Cheek Tint says ---For a natural-looking flush after moisturizing.
Ingredients: Aqua, Propylene Glycol, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Ascorbyl Palmmitate (Vitamin C), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Proply Paraben, Methyl Paraben, Phenoxyethanol.
Available in ONE shade only.
AMW says ---Pros
- Cute and simple packaging.
- Well sealed upon purchase.
- Doesn't dry up easily as compared to other cheek tints.
- Gives a super natural flush.
- Used as blush powder base, the blush powder stays a bit longer.
- Does not trigger dryness.
- No weird scent.
- No skin irritations or itchiness.
- If you want the cheek tint to show up, you have to apply a lot!
- The brush that comes with the product is not that good. Can't complain for the price though.
- I find this product takes a bit longer time to dry up as compared to other brands.
- May slide off if you have super oily skin.
Promises the natural flush the product promises!
- Since the product shows up a bit light, I suggest applying this after your "powder foundation" or "setting powder".
- Add the product as desired.
- Grab a bit of product, apply it on the apples of your cheeks and gently "dab". Dabbing will make the product show up more.
- If you want a more obvious cheek tint, drop 4-5 drops of San San Everyday Cheek Tint on a cap, use a stippling brush to "stipple" the product on the apples of your cheeks.
- You can top the product with your favorite powder blush. Once the powder blush disappears, you still have a naturally colored cheek tint underneath.
- Always stand back and check your application.
I seldom repurchase cheek tints as it takes me forever to use up.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone who is into very natural-looking blush. People who are into "obvious" blush won't appreciate this product. Best for normal and dry skin.
Where to purchase and how much?
Can be found on HBC site for $3.93 (approx Php168.00), or local HBC stores for less than Php200.00
One swipe, you can see how "watery" the product is
With a "patting" motion, product well distributed
and dried up into a super natural, sheer red color
Applied on cheeks without powder blush
Super light and natural
What's another inexpensive cheek tints you have tried for daily use?
Give us a shout out and I'm glad to check it out too!