I have always been a powder foundation gal, it's concealer, then pat with my favorite foundation then I'm ready to go!
On days I need to prettify myself, I tend to reach out for my favorite Paul & Joe Creamy Matte Foundation, my Graftobian High Def Foundation, Revlon CustomEyes foundation and recently, the KATE Mineral Liquid Foundation and I'm not just reaching out on this during special events but its turning out to be my daily concealer/foundation.
Read on to know if this product is also meant for you!
KATE Mineral Liquid Foundation says ---
An advanced mineral liquid foundation that is soft on skin and covers visible pores.
- Double-effect mineral powder (skin protection and visible pore coverage)
- Multiple moisturizing ingredients (olive oil, jojoba oil and almond oil)
- Paraben (preservative) free
- Ultraviolet-absorber free
- Fragrance free
- SPF20 PA++
Ingredients list (taken from SOURCE):
AMW says ---Pros
- My favorite type of packaging (tube-like) and pointed tip which makes it easy to clean up after every use.
- Feels smooth and light on skin.
- Blends into my skin easily like my 2nd skin.
- Can even out skin tone and gives a very natural finish.
- Free of parabens and fragrance, which has lesser chance to cause skin irritations on sensitive skin.
- Has SPF.
- Does not give a white cast even on directly flash. Again, this looks like second skin.
- Gives a matte finish yet it does not dry out my skin.
- Doubles up as a concealer on days you needed a light coverage. I like using this for my under eye circles.
- Build-able coverage from light to medium!
- Does not settle in lines.
- Coverage won't be enough for acne skin.
- Limited shades.
- A bit pricey as compared to other liquid foundation of the same price and offers more net weight. But come to think of it, this is a mineral version!
This fits the bill on my requirement for daily liquid foundation that does not feel heavy or weighs on my skin even on hot and humid days. My only concern is the coverage especially for those of you who needed more. I like the fact that no matter how much I pile on this foundation, it never cakes and it always turn out natural looking.
- Oily skinned girls who like the liquid version of mineral foundation can use an oil control primer prior to foundation application.
- Moisturize prior to foundation application or use separate sunblock if you are planning to stay under the sun for long period of time.
- Apply more on areas that needs more coverage.
- Test by using a foundation brush, stippling brush, flat top brush, sponge or fingers in foundation application. For this particular product, I prefer using a FLAT TOP Kabuki Brush to apply for medium to heavier coverage.
- Pat on translucent setting powder to maintain the "natural look".
To whom do I recommend this to?
Normal, Combination and Dry Skin individuals. This is also a perfect liquid foundation for young adults getting ready to use makeup but is scared of chemicals on skin.
Where to purchase and how much?
At Watsons for Php900.00 (approx $20.90).
Light, creamy texture
Once spread it all over my hand
It goes matte and easy to blend
Check mark has OC-B foundation while the x mark is my natural skin color
The shade matched perfectly!
Left side of the photo is my bare face
Right side applied with KATE Mineral Liquid Foundation in OC-B
Lightened up my skin redness and allergies
Under eye darkness decreased.
What's the lightest liquid foundation you've tried to date?
Have you tried any other mineral based liquid foundation?
Can you let me know the brand and how it worked for you?
Keep smilin'Stay happy!
(Product sent for review. Opinions and reviews are 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)