Happy start of the week! How was your weekend? Ours was rainy but nevertheless, I had fun! Who can stop me from having fun on weekends? NOBODY! :P
A couple of months ago, I got an invite to join the Sigma Affiliate but it was only last month that I've decided to join the program as I do love their brushes! (Past reviews on Sigma brushes HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE.)
As soon as I signed up, Vincy from Sigma immediately emailed me for my mailing address as Sigma is sending a welcome gift to me! That's very sweet of them and in a little bit more than a week (surprised!) I got their newest Sigma Synthetic Eye Precision Kit. I immediately rummaged through my brush collection and guess what? I do not own any of the 4 brushes! *yahoo*!
The Sigma Synthetic Precision Kit
4 unique brushes made from synthetic bristles
for eyes or face
Sigma says ---
The Sigma Beauty Synthetic Precision Kit contains four face brushes developed to mimic your fingertips when applying makeup on the most sensitive and precise areas of your face. The brushes in this kit feature exclusive Sigmax fibers, uniquely designed to apply powder, cream and liquid products without absorption into the bristles.
- P80 - 7 1/8 in. (18 cm)
- P82 - 7 in. (17.9 cm)
- P84 - 7 3/16 in. (18.2 cm)
- P86 - 7 7/16 in. (18.8 cm)
AMW says ---
- Each brush were packed carefully with plastic.You can even reuse the plastic to maintain the shape of bristles.
- Best brush set to apply cream/liquid or powder products.
- No bleeding nor shedding even on first wash.
- No weird scent.
- The shape looks as good as new no matter how many times I've washed it.
- Saves your makeup as you do not grab as much product as opposed to using your fingers or sponge.
- All of the 4 brushes are dense.
- Online ordering and need to wait for shipping.
These brushes may not be for everyone as I call these my "more professional" brushes. These brushes are great to apply cream or liquid products and works so well on concealing!
- P80 - Precision Flat: Stipple concealer on sun spots, blemishes, and other small imperfections.
- P82 - Precision Round: Apply eye shadow base or primer onto the lid.
- P84 - Precision Angled: Apply product to areas such as the sides of the nose and the hollows of the cheeks.
- P86 - Precision Tapered: Exact placement of concealer in harder to reach areas such as around the eyes and nose, chin, and around the mouth.
- Wipe your brushes with makeup cleaner or makeup cleaner wipes after every use.
- Do a weekly deep cleaning with baby shampoo.
- Tips on how to use each brush and maximize the usage? Scroll further down for photos.
Will I repurchase?
All my Sigma Brushes are still doing well at the moment so I doubt I need to repurchase. I would definitely highly recommend this set though!
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone who loves to apply makeup using good makeup tools!
Where to purchase and how much?
At Sigma website for USD49.00 (approx Php2,107.00).
Sigma Precision Round P82
I like to use this brush to spot conceal or apply under eye concealer using a stippling motion and the rounded portion makes it easy to "feather out" the harsh edges of concealer mark. This brush can also used on powdered products, it's a nice tool to "set" your concealer too!
Sigma Precision Flat P80
A super mini version of a flat top kabuki brush. You may use this to apply concealer with a stippling motion, in my case, I prefer using this as my "setting brush". I like to set the areas were I conceal with the P80 brush at the same time, I use this brush to highlight the high points of my cheeks also the brow bone!
Sigma Precision Tapered P86
Since the tip of this brush is pointed and very easy to manage, I love to use this brush to conceal areas of my face that are hard to reach. Most of the time, it's the sides of my nose, I also use this to apply concealer on my lip area after lipstick application for a clean finish!
Sigma Precision Angled P84
I use this brush on lazy days I just want a soft wash of colors on my lids! But the best way that I found in using this brush is as a nose contouring brush! The brush is dense and soft at the same time making it easy to create a very natural contour!
So far, I am very happy with my 4 new synthetic brushes! I am tempted to bring this along with me during makeup gigs but I'm having a bit of a separation anxiety! It's personal use for now! *winks*
Has any of the Precision brushes I mentioned interests you?
Which one and how would you want to use it?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on TwitterGet "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")