Just like a lot of you who were excited with the launch of Sample Room, I was one of the many few customers who were logged on the site for hours refreshing and waiting for products to be available! I was a bit sad for missing out the first batch of samples that went lives, I planned to get a Kerastase hair product but it was sold out in a flash!
Lucky me, I was able to grab a sample from the second batch and what did I get? Another hair product! The Davines Authentic Moisturising Face Balm's packaging, product description and purpose intrigued me so much I grabbed the sample right away!
Thanks to Sample Room's Logistics Team, I was able to receive the sample in no time and I was amazed with the size of sample I got! It was 75ml worth of product for only 80 points!
After more than 2 weeks of constant usage, I am ready to share my humble opinion on this product that can be used for the face, hair and body!
Authentic Moisturizing Balm is part of the DAVINES AUTHENTIC FORMULAS which are range of intelligent products based on 98%-100% natural organic ingredients. It is the first Professional hair care line with multi-purpose use for the beauty and delight of face, hair and body.
It is enriched with organic Jojoba Oil, Sunflower Oil, Sesame Oil and Shea Butter. A rich oil-based conditioner, its formula is exceptionally gentle and moisturizing. It is excellent as a gentle make-up remover, and is an exceptional body moisturizer and hair conditioning treatment. It is formulated with 98% ingredients of natural origin and contains organic Carthame Oil which has anti-oxidant and protecting properties.
AMW says ---
- Sealed packaging for guaranteed product freshness.
- Easy to control amount of product needed.
- The product helps "lock in" moisture making the driest part of my hair not as dry and moisturized for the whole day!
- No oily or greasy feel.
- Doesn't weigh down my hair.
- I can style hair as usual.
- Can remove regular makeup.
- Is indeed very moisturizing on skin and you can immediately feel the result after washing the product off.
- Overwhelming scent. (Some likes it, some don't) As for me, the scent is okay for hair but not for the rest of my body!
Though this is a multi-purpose product, I enjoy using this solely as a hair moisturizer as it works so well! The product can immediately make the driest parts of your hair looks at least a tiny bit more moisturized! I have very frizzy ends and applying it makes it easier to style and it can locks in hair's natural moisture.
- Can be applied on hair. Best applied on damp hair, leave for few minutes and proceed with styling.
- Can be applied on dry or damp skin. After leaving product for a couple of minutes, rinse the area well!
- Can be applied on face by using a cotton pad to remove makeup. (Imagine Pond's Cold Cream).
- If you suffer from sensitive skin, I strongly suggest doing a patch test prior to applying all over your body.
- To get best result, apply a pea size amount on the palm of your hands and rub the product gently on both hands, apply the product starting at the middle part of your hair down to the tips. Feel free to repeat the step on the driest area of your hair.
- Use clarifying shampoo at least once a week to remove product build-up. (Click HERE and HERE to read some of the clarifying hair products I used.)
- Just like any skincare or hair care products, less is more, applying too much of this could weigh down your hair making it feel greasy.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Where to purchase and how much?
Available in all leading salons nationwide full size for Php1,250.00 (approx $31.25). Like them on Facebook, follow them on Twitter and website (coming soon) www.davinesph.com.
Sealed to ensure product freshness.
The texture of the balm is creamy yet light. The white texture easily disappears after rubbing, the product gets absorbed into skin in no time same goes to the hair!
AMW way of application:
Gently massage the product concentrating on the ends of my hair while it's still damp! I proceed by using blow-dryer to style or just comb the way I like it to be!
Have you heard about Davines brand? Have you tried their products? How was your experience?
As for me, this is my first Davines product and so far, I am having good experience with it! I can't wait to try other hair care line from the same brand! Any other recommendations?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")