Eyelash curler, well, they don't expire easily as compared to makeup but I don't know why I have this urge to collect as much eyelash curlers as I can! Please, tell me I'm not alone!
Over the years, I have purchased and repurchased Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers as I have 2 for myself and 2 for work! As I meet clients with different eye shapes and sizes, I've decided to invest on other eyelash curler brands as the Shu Uemura one is not for all eye shapes! During my Japan trip, I purchased 2 Shiseido Eyelash curlers (215 Mini Eyelash Curler Review HERE, regular sized curler review to follow) which works well on most Asian Eyes and I thought I'm done with my eyelash curler adventures!
Guess what, I missed another one! The brand may not be known for their eyelash curlers but I'm glad I was able to use one as this is definitely a keeper! It's definitely for personal use as it fits my eye shape like a glove!
The Bobbi Brown Eyelash Curler
Specially-designed to fit the contours of Asian eyes, this eye lash curler lifts and curls lashes without pinching or crimping. Extra cushiony lash pads gently grip even the smallest lashes for a perfectly lifted and curled effect.
AMW says ---
- The color is great! Gives a unique look to regular silver colored eyelash curlers.
- Comes with 2 replacement pads.
- Gives an easy "non-L-shaped" curl.
- Doesn't pinch my eyelid.
- Curved the right way that can grab all my sparse lashes.
- The length of the Bobbi Brown Eyelash Curler is a tad bit shorter than Shu Uemura and Shiseido which works for smaller eyes.
- To some who have naturally long and full lashes, the price! If you can get away with inexpensive eyelash curlers, lucky you! :D
Grabs all my lashes and gives a nice curl instantly without putting much pressure on pressing the curler.
- Prior to use, always check the rubber pad to make sure they are fully aligned with the metal edges. Sometimes a huge space may be the cause of "lash pinching".
- Try different ways to curl your lashes. Looking straight into a mirror, lifting your eyelid is the best way to grab all your lashes.
- It is best to curl your lashes while it is clean and bare.
- I know this has been a tip for a lot of professionals but I prefer not to "heat" the eyelash curler with blow dryer as it can melt the pad or worst, you may accidentally burn your eyes.
- To warm your eyelash curler, press the curler in between the palms of your hands to "heat up" the metal portion of the curler.
- The Bobbi Brown Eyelash Curler comes with a cloth pouch, I highly recommend to keep the eyelash curler inside a pouch to prevent dirt from the pad. It also protects the rest of your eyelash curler.
- Wipe the eyelash curler pad after every use with a clean cotton pad dampened with makeup remover.
Will I repurchase?
Yes. I already called and reserved another one for my clients! Now, I'm armed with Shu Uemura, Shiseido, Bobbi Brown plus a heated lash curler. I think I'm ready for any eye shapes! :D
To whom do I recommend this to?
Everyone! For eyelash curler shopping, you need to try on testers and see which one works best for you!
Where to purchase and how much?
Bobbi Brown is available at Rustan’s Makati, Rustan’s Shangri-la Mall, and Essenses Rockwell. The Bobbi Brown Eyelash Curler is priced Php1,200 (approx $30.00).
Bobbi Brown Eyelash Curler comes with 2 replacement pads!
A closer look
Bobbi Brown's head is shorter as compared to Shiseido and Shu Uemura but the curve is exactly the same as that of Shu Uemura.
The length of the eyelash curler head fits my small eyes perfectly! In one grip, it grabs 95% of my lashes without the pink as shown on photo below.
Here, I curled my lashes only once to show how it doesn't give a sharp L-Shape as most eyelash curlers give.
Side view of my bare lashes using Bobbi Brown Eyelash Curler. The good news? The curl lasts the whole day without mascara application! (Keep in mind that the curl's staying power depends on the performance of the mascara you use.)
Have you tried Bobbi Brown Eyelash Curler?
Have you found the perfect eyelash curler for your eye shape? If yes, I'd love to hear from you so the rest of the AMW readers may get some ideas to!
As for me, Shu Uemura eyelash curler can curl my lashes well but I have to be careful not to pinch my eyelid due to its length. As for Shiseido, it curls all my lashes the shape is perfect for most Asian eyes, the only concern is that I have to make sure to curl it well as the curl doesn't last if I'm in a hurry. As for Bobbi Brown, the product did say it was specifically designed for Asian eyes in which I definitely fit this category! I do not need to apply much pressure to create the curl I want and it stays!
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product received for PR purpose. Opinions 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)