Happy Monday dearies!
Though most of my Mondays are usually quiet and a bit boring, today will be different as I'm heading for a meeting right after work! Yes, another meeting to keep me and Baby AMW updated with what's happening around the Metro! (Quite funny how I sound like a government official now!) *bored face*
So today, I won't be wearing my pajama as I slave my way off work! I will be changing into a more "respectable" outfit and definitely will put on some makeup! One of the many few makeup items that I can't live without as you all know by now is my trustee eyeliners! Whether gel, liquid or pencils! I have to use one!
Today, let me share to you the latest discovery I have regarding liners! I could go black but it could get a bit too intense for a simple meeting or I could go blah with a regular brown liner! Who would've thought that there is a shade that works for most people with warm skin tones?
It's called UNIFORM!
P.S. I look good in my C.A.T. Military uniform way back as battle green has always been a good color on me! :P
MAC's Technakohl Liner in Uniform has been around for quite awhile so don't judge me as I'm not up-to-date! Based on packaging alone, I can't seem to pinpoint if Uniform is a sparkled brown liner but upon close perusal, it is a khaki-colored liner with gold shimmers.
MAC says ---
A mechanical pencil-style liner. In formula, soft and creamy, with an intense, rich, colour deposit. Blends on application: dries quickly to a long-wear, non-smudge finish. Versatile. An easy way to line the top and lower lash line of the eye. When applied at a 90 degree angle, provides a thin precision line. For thicker application, apply at a flat angle.
Size: 0.35 g / 0.012 US oz
AMW says ---
- No need to sharpen.
- Unique color, you may find a dupe but not as easy as blacks and browns.
- Gives a very natural look.
- Doesn't smudge (if applied on upper and lower lash line).
- Color payoff is good.
- Applies smoothly and no need to tug the eyes.
- The shimmers stay on the liner and doesn't transfer.
- May smudge if used for tight line or if applied on the water line.
- Price. I don't use this as often but I'm almost halfway done!
Unqiue shade, easy to apply and good pigmentation.
- Call your preferred MAC Cosmetics branch before you purchase as I plan to repurchase this but this is out of stock at the MAC Glorietta branch.
- The pencil tends to be hard and dry at the tip, warm the tip by rubbing a bit of the product at the back of your hand before you apply on the eye area.
- For a more natural look, smudge off using a smudge brush. Apply translucent powder or similar shade of eyeshadow to "set" the liner.
- If most pencil liners tend to smudge on you, chances are, the MAC Technakohl liner is not an exception, use an eyeshadow primer underneath or use a Sealant (check Make Up For Ever Eye Seal, review HERE).
To whom do I recommend this to?
Pencil liner users who wants to steer away from the usual blacks and browns.
Where to purchase and how much?
At local MAC Cosmetics Stores for Php950.00 (approx $23.75).
MAC Technakohl Liner in Uniform
A combination of deep brown, dark green with gold shimmers
A quick swatch
Sometimes, I have sensitive eyes so I prefer to apply this on my upper lash line and skip tight lining! With tiny check marks, I apply this liner close to my lash line as shown on photo below.
The overall effect of Uniform shade applied on both upper and lower lash line. The look is definitely more subtle than black and complements my skin even without much makeup on! If you plan to do heavy eye make up application, the shade Uniform may not show up.
Do you own a unique battle green/dark brown/gold liner at present?
Which other unique shades of pencil liners do you recommend?
So far, I can go for my favorite bright blue or bright green pencil liners on days I want my eyes to pop, but on a casual day, I don't mind picking my MAC Technakohl liner in Uniform!
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")