Though I like my easy-to-tote along Parian Spirit spritz bottle (as seen on my past review), I find the citrus-y scent may be too much in an enclosed hotel room so I tend to bring the Parian Spirit Brush Cleaner Wipes with me rather than the spritz just in case I have clients who have sensitive nose!
Thankfully, our local distributor of Parian Spirit, Nippon Esthetic Solutions, also brought in the Parian Spirit Canister in which I've been lemming for the longest time since I saw them being reviewed together with the brush cleaner by most international makeup gurus.
Yes, after years of brush cleaner "spritzing", I finally own my own CANISTER! This product looks very simple but I tell you, it helps a lot especially in saving up my Parian Spirit Brush Cleaner!
Parian Spirit says ---
This small tub is designed to fit into most makeup carrying cases and makes cleaning brushes easy. A porous rubbing screen on a riser allows makeup and debris to fall to the bottom of the canister, away from the brush. Cleaning your canister is easy. All of the parts come out and can be wiped clean with a paper towel or rag ready to be filled and used again. Fill tub only enough to cover 1/4 way up the bristles of your brush. For larger brushes use the lid with a small amount of cleaner and let the capillary action draw the cleaner up into the brush.
AMW says ---
- Made of heavy glass that doesn't break easily (trust me, I dropped it while taking photos and my heart nearly fell off the floor! I'm so happy it didn't break on me!)
- Comes with a porous rubbing screen making it easy to remove makeup residue.
- Easy to clean canister.
- Saves up more brush cleaner as the solution doesn't evaporate easily inside a thick glass jar.
- I can clean more brushes in a few drops of Parian Spirit Brush Cleaner.
- Environmental friendly, I can easily wipe off excess brush cleaner in a towel after all the makeup residues were removed.
- If you own HUGE face brushes, it may be difficult to clean/swirl the brushes with the size of this canister.
Helps save brush cleaner as you get to clean more brushes in a few drops! Brushes are clean and residue gets removed easier with the porous rubbing screen.
- Even with brush cleaners around, it helps to deep clean your brushes at least once a week.
- You can pull out the porous screen and use it for deep cleaning! I put the screen at the palm of my hand and gently wipe the brush against it! This works way better than swirling the brush against your hands.
- Clean the Parian Spirit Canister with regular soap and water after every use and let dry.
- For really big face brushes, I prefer to use the "spritz" method instead of using the canister.
I will definitely recommend this but I think one is enough for me. (as long as I don't break it!)
To whom do I recommend this to?
Daily makeup brush users who would like to disinfect their brushes after every use.
Where to purchase and how much?
Available at Nippon Esthetic Solutions (price to be updated as this was a gift to me by my friend)
The Parian Spirit Canister comes with a porous grid and a riser for the makeup debris to fall off the bottom part of the canister as you cleanse.
How it looks like upon easy "installation"
With a few drops of Parian Spirit Brush Cleaner, I gently "grate" the dirty brush on the porous grater itself. For pictorial purpose, I tilted the glass but I prefer doing it while the glass is sitting flat on top of a table for makeup pigments to fall off the bottom.
My super difficult to remove lip brush which I used to apply my Sleek's Pout Paint. With this Canister, most of the pigments were removed!
How do you clean your brushes on a daily basis?
Do you think you'll need a Parian Spirit Canister?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")