Happy Independence Day to AMW readers here in the Philippines! Most of you are enjoying your one day holiday so do seize this day and enjoy it as much as you can as the weather is gloomy and depressing so a little bit of happy music and yummy food can revive your spirits!
Today may be Independence day but products definitely do not get a holiday from my discerning eye! Another product review for you! A loose, setting powder that promises "correcting properties". Yes, you've heard about correctors (concealers) but have you heard of retouching powders that corrects your skin issues?
Retouching Powder in Yellow is said to tone down redness in light to medium skin tones.
Bobbi Brown says ---
Bobbi's NEW skin perfecting Retouching Powder in six color-correcting shades help brighten and even out skin tone and discolorations, plus they invisibly diminish the appearance of dark spots, fine lines, redness and other imperfections while giving skin an airbrushed look. Suitable for all skin types and formulated to soothe skin, control oil - it never looks cakey or powdery and you'll love how it adds subtle, blendable color to skin or over your favorite face powder.
- White - Brightens and illuminates alabaster to light skin.
- Pink - Counteracts sallow undertones in alabaster to medium skin tones.
- Yellow - Tones down redness in light to medium skin tones..
- Peach - Warms up light skin tones. Evens out tanned and medium to dark skin tones.
- Rose - Gives light to deep skin tone a healthy flush of color
AMW says ---
- Finely milled powder, smooth and easy to apply.
- Blends into the skin after application. No yellow streaks.
- Doesn't sit in lines or create dry patches.
- No white cast even on flash photography. (I used this as a setting and retouching powder on my Pregnancy Shoot)
- Layering up the product doesn't feel heavy or look fake. The effect will always be natural.
- Does not break me out.
- Coverage will not be enough to hide certain imperfection.
One of the few retouching powders that doesn't dry out my skin! This product creates a matte finish without making your skin looks dull and boring. Yellow doesn't completely cover skin redness but aids in blurring out the redness that still peeks within the day when concealer slides off.
- Concealer is still needed to hide imperfections.
- Use a large powder brush or kabuki brush in application. Apply the yellow shade retouching powder on areas that tends to turn red (ex. Acne marks, apples of your cheeks, forehead or chin)
- Take this along with you for retouch instead of your usual powder for a more natural effect.
- Instead of masking redness with another round of concealer or powder foundation, spot conceal redness with an eyeshadow brush by "pressing" the yellow retouching powder and blend the edges.
- To create no-make-up look, apply concealer ONLY on areas that needed the coverage and set with Bobbi Brown Retouching Powder in Yellow not only to mask redness but this powder gives a bit of a healthy glow.
Will I repurchase?
Yellow is the perfect shade for me out of all the shades available as I do suffer from allergies and this retouching powder helps mask a bit of those redness that peeks midday when my concealer/foundation melts.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Light to medium yellow undertone skin. This retouching powder works for all skin types, yes, even dry skin individuals can use this without dry patches.
Where to purchase and how much?
Each retails for Php2,100.00 (approx $52.50).
Available at Bobbi Brown counters in Rustan's Makati (812-2507), Rustan's Shangri-La (633-4636 loc 114) and Rockwell Essenses (822-9400).
Sealed upon purchase.
The packaging reminds me so much of my mineral foundation days!
Are you happy with your current retouching powder?
Do you think you'll need another retouching powder this time with correcting properties?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product received for PR purpose. Reviews 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)