Good day AMW friends! If you follow me on Instagram (@AskMeWhats), Twitter (@AskMeWhats) and Facebook (AskMeWhats), you probably know by now that I gave birth to a lovely baby boy! Baby Kyle! Kyle was born a week earlier as expected but I'm very happy as I get to see him a week earlier! I'll tell you guys more about my experience as soon as I'm back at my feet! As of the moment, I'm on adjustment stage and I haven't been sleeping much! (Hi Concealers!) Not complaining though, I am very happy each day as I stare at my lovely Baby's face!
As for now, I will be posting some of the reviews and articles I've written before I gave birth!
Oh by the way, to those who have been emailing me and asking me queries, I hope you understand that it would take me forever and a day to answer them! I promise you guys I will.... :)
Thank you all for the wonderful well wishes! I feel blessed having YOU guys (even whom I haven't met) through good and bad times! Love you all! Mwa :x
As promised, I will be sharing my very simple "Pregnancy Shoot" makeup that I've done early Saturday morning! No matter how lazy I was, I made sure to at least put something on my face so I'll look presentable on my informal shoot!
Thanks to my dearest readers who complimented my look and for taking the time to email me to ask for the products I used! Again, this is a very simple, almost "no makeup" look as I believe the star of the day was....well...my Belly! Or shall I say Baby AMW!
Various products used for Pregnancy Shoot
Any familiar and favorite products in the bunch?
Products numbered, feel free to click product name for past reviews or product information.
- Benefit Brows A-Go-Go - nothing beats soft-looking, yet defined brows on photos so I've decided to use the combination of both shades after coloring my brows in lighter shade.
- Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief - I apply a good amount of this all over my face before BB cream application to make sure my skin doesn't flake.
- Fairy Drops Candy Bar BB Cream in Light Ochre - my to-go-to BB cream as it doesn't create white cast and it immediately blurs out my skin imperfections thus using lesser foundation and concealer.
- Shu Uemura Chocolat Donna Eyeshadow Palette in Orange & Pistachio - this is a nice day to night palette! The pigmentation can be controlled and I actually used (from left) 3rd, 5th and 6th eyeshadows using light hand application for day time smoky eye makeup look.
- Bobbi Brown Retouching Powder (Yellow) - this product is wonderful for in-between takes, I gently apply this on my t-zone for my skin to look brighter and healthier!
- All-Belle False Eyelashes - I'm glad I used this pair of lashes on shoot as it didn't irritate me and I actually wore this lashes the WHOLE day!
- Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow in Champagne - okay, I've been a hermit for too long and I think my skin color changed to at least a shade lighter, Champagne turned out a bit dark on me so I used this foundation to apply on the lower sides of my jaw and other areas of my face where I need contouring! Yes, dark foundations can be used to contour!
- Benefit Speed Brow - I know I will be changing clothes and aside from messing my hair, I could mess my brows! So I brought with me my trustee Speed Brow as it works just like a hair gel! It puts my brows in place in seconds!
- K-Palette 24H Real Lasting Eyeliner in Black - perfect liquid liner that dries up quickly! I use this before and after false lashes application and I can immediately open my eyes and not worry about smudging.
- Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer - because I've always been saving up my Urban Decay Primer Potion for clients and literally left it inside my makeup traincase, I have my own trustee and inexpensive Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer that works just as well to help my eyeshadow and liner stays longer.
- Revlon Age Defying with DNA Advantage Concealer (Shade 2) - medium coverage concealer that helps brighten up my undereye area. This concealer is also okay to use for touch-ups as it never settles into the lines around my eyes.
- Kiss Me Heavy Rotation Coloring Eyebrow - helps lighten up my brow hairs so it's easier to control the color I want.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Stash (check my review versus MUFE eyeliners here) - I seldom use my Urban decay 24/7 Glide-on Pencil liners as they tend to smudge a bit due to our humid weather! Since I know I'll be inside the studio and I brought cotton buds along with me, I grabbed this gorgeous moss green liner to apply on my lower lash line instead of using the usual blacks and browns! Thankfully, the liner works and stayed until I finish the shoot!
Last but not the least, the brush set that I used ---
This brush set never fails, I don't need to grab any other brushes when I have this with me!
Sorry for the not so clear and detailed shot but this was taken after the pregnancy shoot!
The lovely effect of using false lashes on photoshoots! I know there will be a lot of side view shots or looking down shots so please girls, wear your false lashes when you know you''ll have your photos taken!
Oh! I forgot to include the lipstick I used! I actually used 2 lipsticks! Shiseido Perfect Rouge Tender Sheer in RD304 Hibiscus in this photo ....
Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede in 005 (Muse) on photo below.
Care to tell me which "Must use" product you'll take with you on an important shoot like this?
Share to me your makeup list!