A couple of weeks back, I've posted a Readers' Corner: Fix Your Brows with Eyebrow Pencil for those who can't say no to eyebrow pencils! I did promise a review on the BYS Brow & Eye Pencil I used on that tutorial but I guess, a lot of you were quite excited to know more about the said product as I received tons of emails asking me to do a review on it!
Well, your wish is my command! :) Finally, I'm ready to share my thoughts on this inexpensive, unique pencil that's versatile enough to be used on a daily basis!
Shade on spotlight: Blonde
(my favorite eyebrow pencil shade!)
BYS says ---
Have you found that when you put on make up your eyebrows get lost? Well look no further, our Blonde BYS Brow and Eye Pencil will bring them back!
This eye/brow pencil combo features two tan color pencils designed to highlight and define your eyebrows and eyes.
Also available in Black and Brown.Size: 0.2g
AMW says ---
- Slanted tip applicator, easy to use.
- No sharpening needed.
- Great for defining and filling in between gaps.
- Has a waxy texture which also tames messy brows.
- The waxy texture may be a problem for people with oily skin! Product may slide off easily.
- Product says Brow and Eye Pencil but for the shade Blonde, it's only meant for the brows.
- Application with heavy hand may leave a dark, heavy mark which may look unnatural (please read tips below on how to deal with this).
Inexpensive, applies smoothly, no sharpening needed and the product tames messy brows due to its' waxy finish. Not as long lasting as other eyebrow pencils.
- Read my tips on how to use this product in this post.
- Apply using very light-hand to prevent dark, uneven and fake looking brows.
- Use your spoolie brush and gently brush off hair to remove some of the waxy texture to prevent product from sliding off mid-day.
- Another tip to remove excess waxy texture, press with a tiny bit of translucent powder on top of your brows after you're done filling them. This helps "set" your brows.
- Try on testers before purchasing the product, Blonde shade from BYS isn't the same as Blonde from other brands!
- If your hair color is very light, I strongly suggest investing on Brow Gels to change the color of your brow hairs!
To whom do I recommend this to?
This product works for people with messy brows who like to use brow pencils with the added "waxy" texture that can tame their brows. This pencil works best for people with normal and dry skin.
Where to purchase and how much?
BYS cosmetics are available in major SM Department Stores and Watsons Beauty Outlets nationwide. BYS Brow and Eye Pencil costs Php250.00 (approx $6.25). Like BYS Philippines on Facebook for more product updates.
A closer look on the shade Blonde. This product does thick or thin application.
A swatch on shade Blonde.
The effect is not really light brown but more of an ashy brown.
As seen on photo, my brow hairs are naturally black, so after filling in the brows with BYS Brow and Eye Pencil, I prefer to use a blonde colored brow gel to keep my brows lighter in shade.
What's your to-go-to brow pencil brand and shade?
So far, I've always been a user of Korean branded eyebrow pencils.
- Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil
- Tears Line and Mode Autobrow
- The Face Shop Lovely ME:EX Autobrow
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product received for review. Opinions 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)