Happy Friday! After a gloomy start of the week, I am ending this week on a happier note! Let's wear something bright and cheery! RED!
Remember my previous post on "My Take on Wearing Red Lip Liner?" I mentioned my favorite red lip pencil of all time and it's from MAC! The color is Cherry and it looked like this on my dry lips!
Tadah! Dry lips no more and mind you, no gloss on top!
After several usage, trust me, I've been using this as my "default" brightening secret for a couple of times and I'm ready to share my thoughts on this!
On Spotlight ---
MAC Lip Pencil in Cherry
MAC says ---
A pencil designed for shaping, lining or filling in the lip. Lip Pencils have a smooth, creamy texture that is perfect for lining the lips or filling them in. They available in a wide selection of colors that each work well with many different lipstick shades.
AMW says ---
- Pigmentation is really good.
- A little goes a long way so this pencil will last you.
- Can be used underneath a red lipstick as a base for lipstick to last longer.
- Can also be used on its own.
- Great staying power! Worked through eating and drinking.
- Non-drying, does not cause bleeding or feathering.
- To those who aren't used to wearing red lipstick, they may find this shade too bright.
- Since this is a pencil, you need to sharpen this separately with a sharpener.
Most lip pencils are created to define or shape the lips but seldom can we find lip pencils smooth enough to be used as lipstick and MAC Lip Pencil created the perfect texture to be filled all over the lips without feathering or drying. The shade Cherry works for most skin tones.
- If you have dry lips, prepare your lips by exfoliating it once a week or apply a lip balm underneath.
- Do not forget to blot off lip balm prior to applying MAC Lip Pencil to prevent lip liner from sliding off.
- Top MAC Lip Pencil in Cherry with your favorite red lipstick to keep the lipstick last longer.
- You can top MAC Lip Pencil Cherry with your favorite red lip gloss or clear gloss for a nice glossy finish.
- You can wear MAC Lip Pencil in Cherry on its own.
- Apply with gentle strokes to prevent feathering.
- Sharpen your lip pencil as often as possible for a more defined lips.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Red lipstick wearers! This shade works for most skin tone but I highly recommend this to girls with fair to medium skin.
Where to purchase and how much?
At local MAC counters for Php900.00 (approx $21.40).
Medium dark blue-based red lip color
Application technique "AMW Style"
Have you found your favorite red lip pencil?
From which brand and which particular shade?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")