One pick-me-upper makeup item for me is a blush! I can literally go from blah to semi-blah *lol*! Seriously, no matter how stressed I look, a simple step of blush application makes my face appear more vibrant, alive and I actually feel a tad bit better! So even when staying at home, cooking, taking care of Kyle, I actually apply a pop of color on my cheeks even without foundation! And sometimes, Mr. AMW would say: "Wow, rosy cheeks ka ha!" And I just secretly smile! (Oh no, secret revealed!)
Do you do the same? Or ako lang? Hahaha
Back to one of the newest Blush Duo I've tried from a local brand that I love Ellana Minerals, it is a pressed mineral blush and it comes with 2 shades! Bunny and Ecstacy is actually meant for blushing and contouring but of course, you can find many ways to use them!
Ellana says ---
If you’re looking for cheeks that seem to glow-from-within, then you’ve come to the right place! Our Blush Duo Compact has an illuminating yet natural finish and comes in complementing color combinations. Get that beautiful, soft definition in just a few seconds!
Bunny- pale peach with rosy pink shimmer
Ecstasy- red copper bronze with copper shimmer
Available in 5 shades
AMW says ---
- It's mineral!
- Highly pigmented.
- Pressed version. Easier to tote along with you wherever you go.
- Both shades are HIGHLY pigmented.
- Both shades can be worn alone or mixed together to create a unique shade.
- Stays the whole day. (I have normal/dry skin)
- Price, you get 2-3 blush shades in a price of 1!
- Out of STOCK on their website!
Highly pigmented blush and bronzer that can be worn in several ways!
- To blush: Apply on the apples of cheeks
- To contour: Sweep the darker shade under your cheekbones, blending up to the temples and down the jawline.
- Best for normal to oily skin.
- If you are on a hunt for highlighting and contouring powder, try the shade: Light Roast and Butter Rum Coffee.
- If you plan to use Ecstasy as a contour powder, use sparingly! This shade would work on dark to medium skin! Fair skin users may use this as a blush/bronzer instead!
- Bunny shade works for light to medium skin perfectly! The effect is sweet-looking and very natural.
- Follow my blush-application techniques based on your face shape! (Read: Tip of the Day: Blushed!)
To whom do I recommend this to?
Fair to medium skin users.
Where to purchase and how much?
Priced at Php450.00 at Ellana website. I have an affiliate code so you can get 15% off on your purchase.
What I love about the shade Bunny is that it is a peachy-pink shade which would work well on either pink or peach lipsticks! The effect is very natural and "glowing",. This shade would appear really well on users who have fair to medium complexion. If you have darker complexion, fret not, you only need to apply more than usual.
AMW Wearing Bunny Shade on Cheeks
Ecstasy is described as red copper bronze so I highly recommend fair to medium skin complexion users NOT to use this as contour powder instead, use this as a bronzer/blush. Since I am on the fair skinned category, I actually enjoy using this on days that I want to make my cheeks appear and pop!
AMW Wearing Ecstasy
Which shade do you like on me?
Bunny? Or Ecstasy?
I personally like Bunny on a daily basis but Ecstasy is nice if I don't have any makeup on and want some color!
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product sent by company/PR for review. Opinion 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)