I smile so much I don't know why I'm smiling in this photo taken by a photographer in an event.
When I worry about something, I usually put up a brave face with a smile as I find it helps radiate positivity thus lessening my stress hormones! *lol*
Of course I smile when I'm in front of the camera..
And I smile when I'm put on spot (whether I was asked to talk about something or I need to sing in front of an audience...etc..).
Then I realized, I may not have the Ms. Universe face and body but God gave me the smile not only to help uplift my own mood but to help cheer other people up as well! My mom and dad told me each time they see me smile, they feel better (nakakagaan daw ng loob!) PLUS, my dad, who used to be my number 1 critic is starting to sing praises on how "pretty" his bunso (youngest daughter) is especially on photos (as I love to smile on photos!)
Wait dad, so I'm only pretty on photos? *hmph*
"Tampo" aside and back to the smile topic. I realized that "smiling" is actually my trademark and it is a priceless gift from God that I want to take care of! How? All the while, I thought I was doing the right thing when it comes to taking care of my teeth and lips! Okay, the lips side, let the lip balm and lip exfoliator do their work. As for my teeth, I was hit on the head so hard when I visited my dentist 2 months ago. I was literally scolded like a grade-schooler!
I know it is embarrassing to admit but I have a minor case of gingivitis (because I hate to floss and there are times I am too lazy to brush my gums!) But hands on mommies out there! Help me naman! You know how it is when your baby sleeps and you just want to grab the opportunity to get some sleep too? So I ended up doing the quick toothbrush and hop on to bed! Show some hands of support naman o! (LOL) I know...oral hygiene is no excuse but at least I tried!
Colgate Palmolive Philippines invited me to learn about Oral Care and the Importance of Healthy Smile but unfortunately, I have a makeup workshop that I have to do so I missed this event! Thankfully, I was sent the press release on what the talk was about as I got intrigued when I sat for a brunch with fellow Beauty Bloggers and they were raving so much on the talk on how much they learned about oral care that they never knew of! That got you interested too right?
So I created a quick bullet points on what you should know about Oral Hygiene ---
- The perfect angle to tilt your toothbrush is 45 degrees for that optimal reach. Tilting the brush at a 45 degree angle against the gumline and sweep or roll the brush away from the gumline by using short strokes for optimal results. Don't forget to include brushing your tongue to remove bacteria and freshen breath. And guys, proper brushing takes at least 2 minutes! UH OH! :P
- The ideal length of the floss to use is 20 inches. That's too long but what the heck! No wonder I had a hard time trying to reach my molar teeth because my floss' length is too short! And oh, it must be waxed!
- 3 months is the lifespan of a toothbrush! Oh my, all the while I thought it was 6 months!
- The signs of a healthy gum is being pink in color and does not bleed when brushing or flossing. So yeah...I bleed because I have gingivitis :(
- There are 500-650 types of bacteria species living in the oral cavity and one of the main reasons for having bad breath.
- Mouthwash takes care of the spaces inside the mouth that your toothbrush cannot reach. Don't go for inexpensive mouthwash but invest on one with fluoride to help reduce cavities and periodontal disease.
- There are 2 kinds of tooth stains: Intrinsic and Extrinsic. Extrinsic stains are those that appear on the surface of the teeth while Intrinsic stains are those that form in the interior of your teeth.
Of course, invest on good oral care products, I used to purchase just any inexpensive toothbrush, mouthwash and dental floss and after trying out what Colgate has sent me, I knew I missed out a lot!
P.S. I have tried Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief and reviewed it HERE.
I'm very excited to try Colgate Plax Fresh Jasmine Tea and Optic White.
I have been using Colgate Charcoal toothbrush and I can't stop raving about it even my whole family shifted to this toothbrush!
What important lesson from Colgate have you learned today?
Any other oral tips you can share?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")