I have been addicted to cream and gel blushes lately.
Why? I am so tired, mentally, emotionally and physically! If you follow me on IG (@AskMeWhats), you'll know that Baby AMW got really sick a week ago and now, he's getting better but left with cough and colds. Now I understand how hard it is....to be a mom! Oh, the constant worry! And what's worst? The fact that I can easily cancel out on events but cannot cancel out on makeup clients who booked me months ago!
As much as I would love to just go barefaced and look yucky! I am paid to prettify other people so the least I could do is to keep myself presentable! You know I'm a brow, eyeliner, blush and lipstick gal so with the least number of makeup products I use on my face, I should at least make sure...they are worthwhile!
One recent find? The Pixi by Petra Sheer Cheek gel which I have been using quite a number of times since I received this from Glamourbox to test last July.
Pixi by Petra says ---
Sheer gel blush creates a natural looking and long lasting cheek flush to brighten & beautify your complexion in an instant.
What it is formulated to do:
This sheer, translucent gel creates a super natural flush of colour - the key to a youthful face. Applies easily with fingers for a fresh & healthy burst of colour on cheeks and lips. Keeps cheeks looking fresh and healthy all day long without the need for any touch ups. Oil free, fragrance free and hypoallergenic. Hydrating, moisturizing and skin-conditioning.
Beneficial ingredients and what they do:
- Aloe vera soothes and heals stressed skin
- Sodium PCA, a vegetable-derived humectant, binds moisture to skin
Shades available: Rosy and Flushed (top to bottom)
AMW says ---
- Packaging. So easy to use and control the amount of product needed.
- Applies smoothly on skin.
- Has this "cooling/refreshing" sensation upon application.
- No sticky feel.
- The color is sheer and the effect is very natural.
- Build-able. You can apply more if you want heavier pigmentation.
- Fragrance-free and hypo-allergenic.
- Can be used as a blush base or on its' own.
- Can be applied and re-applied anytime of the day without the color looking fake or chalky.
- Can work as blush and lip stain.
- As a blush, it stayed until removal!
- Oil-free. So this product can be used by all skin types.
- The Cheek Gel do not transfer once dry! Perfect for moms like me who has a baby and I dislike makeup that transfers to my baby!
- Very hard to remove if you use your fingers or hands in application.
- For a tiny tube, I can finish this in no time!
- Only 2 shades available, I want more!
A very smooth texture, easily-to-apply gel blush that is very easy to use even for first-time gel blush users. The effect is very sheer and natural and is long-lasting.
- To prevent uneven application, blend Cheek Gel first at the back of your hand and gently tap using your fingers starting from the apples of your cheeks going upwards.
- If you dislike how this product stains your fingers, use a foundation brush or stippling brush in application.
- Over-applied? Don't worry, apply a thin layer of your liquid foundation or powder foundation to lessen intensity.
- For longer-lasting effect, top this blush with your favorite sheer loose powder or powder blush.
- If you use liquid foundation, wait for a couple of minutes for the liquid foundation to "set" before you apply this gel blush to prevent streaks.
- For heavier pigmentation, PAT/DAB instead of rub.
- Okay, this is actually a Cheek Gel but if like me, you plan to use this on your lips, apply with dabbing motion and always follow with a lip balm to prevent drying.
To whom do I recommend this to?
All skin types! Users who like their blush to stay longer.
Where to purchase and how much?
Priced at Php890.00 (approx $21.20). Pixi is currently available in the Philippines at the ff. outlets: www.glamourbox.ph, www.ava.ph, www.seektheuniq.com, Purebeauty Serendra, Trinoma, Alabang Town Center and Glorietta (formerly Beauty Cocktails), Commonthread Rockwell and Greenbelt 5, PlanaFORMA Fort and Quezon City, and select Snoe stores. To order, log on to www.glamourbox.ph.
Most lip/cheek stains, I would say, A little goes a long way. Not for Pixi By Petra Sheer Cheek Gel, you can apply more and layer as much as you can and the effect will always be very natural.
The shade: Flushed
Very scary to look at as it literally looks like "blood" makeup.
Blending the product well, the effect will be sheer and very natural as shown on last photo.
AMW Wore Pixi by Petra Sheer Cheek Gel in Flushed
How do you find PIXI By Petra's Sheer Cheek Gel in Flushed?
Will you give this shade a try?
Have you tried any other PIXI By Petra products?
I am currently testing out various Pixi by Petra products, so far, I am very happy and amazed by this Cheek gel, it is super long lasting, non-drying and it looks very natural on my skin! With a bit of "light", my skin has this luminescence that made this product unique in its own way!
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product included in Glamourbox subscription. Opinion 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)