Can you seriously have "no reaction" upon seeing this Tony Moly Cats Wink Clear Pact Powder?
Of course you can't! As much as I have a lot of finishing powders to finish up, this has to be tested just because the packaging screams NIKKI!
Sorry for my pa-cute photo! C-A-N-T H-E-L-P I-T!!!!!
But, the excitement goes away upon removing the plastic packaging....
Nevertheless, still cute!
(Not me, referring to the meow!
But I will definitely agree with you if you think I'm talking about myself!)
The Tony Moly Cats Wink Clear Pack that I got is in shade 02 Clear Beige.
Keep in mind that this is a press powder, so once called a "pressed powder", you would expect this to work as "finishing powder" and it won't have much coverage.
Are we clear with that? :D (no, I don't sound like a teacher!)
Tony Moly Cats Wink Clear Pack (Shade 02) says ---
When traveling, oil-free and photo-ready skin is a must! Keep a Cats Wink Clear Pact in your hand carry for easy touch-ups. This powder pact provides a natural and matte coverage without irritating the skin. Perfect for those Instagram-worthy travel photos!
Available in 2 shades: 01 Clear Skin 02 Clear Beige
AMW says ---
- Comes with a good size mirror.
- Applicator is think and yet, still very use-able!
- Definitely gives "brightening" effect.
- Can help even out your skin even without much coverage.
- Mattify without drying out the skin.
- No white cast.
- As picked from Tony Moly website: "Non-paraben, Non-mineral, Non-ethanol, Non-benzophenone, Non-tar coloring"
- Oil-control may not be enough for users with extremely oily skin.
- Not a big deal but I wish they stamp that paw-print and included it in the compact packaging. It'll be cuter that way!
- Has a slight powder scent which goes away after application.
- The cat paw design imprinted is gone on first 2 uses.
A nice finishing powder that can brighten your skin without creating white cast. It can cover a bit of pores and can mattify areas that tend to oil up IMMEDIATELY!
- If you LOVE the Kitty packaging so much, once you hit the pan, you can actually gently remove the pan and re-use the powder compact! Cuteness overload!
- If you are not into powder puff, use a brush or Kabuki brush to "set" your makeup.
- Use gentle patting motion so as not to "move" your make up underneath.
- If you have acne-prone skin, it is best to test the product on one area of your face first as I can't seem to find their ingredients list.
- Wash the sponge at least twice a week if you use it on a daily basis. It may absorb oil, dirt and grime so be careful!
- Dust lightly if used as setting powder. For a more even, matte coverage, press more using the applicator that comes with the product.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Normal, Combination, Dry and Oily skin. The extreme ones may need the help of primers or oil-blotter (if very oily skin).
Where to purchase and how much?
Available at all Tony Moly stores nationwide priced at Php498.00 (approx $11.30).
Twitter and Instagram: @TonyMolyPH
Back packaging, you may peel off the sticker for more product information. Though they are all written in Korean.
The packaging has a date printed which is their "manufacturing date".
I actually enjoy using the velour puff that comes with the packaging. I like to use this with "tapping" motion to "set" my foundation without drying out my skin or moving the rest of my make up.
02 Clear Beige is not really "yellow beige" but more of neutral in shade. It may look a bit too light but it blends into the skin perfectly!
Before and After
Applied only 2 layer of Tony Moly Cats Wink Clear Pact. No base makeup underneath.
For the sake of reference, I used only this product. The redness around my cheeks and the undereye darkness are still visible but what the clear pact does is that, it made my skin appears brighter and more even. Imagine the term "No make up look", it literally looks that way! My skin but a tad bit better!
Half Face Test
Not bad huh?
Without the line, here is the half face test. Left side (facing you) applied with Cats Wink Clear Pact in shade 02, right is barefaced with brow product only. See how the side of my face with Tony Moly product looks cleaner and brighter?
Overall, the effect of this product reminds me so much of my favorite Heroine Make Smooth Cover Powder Mineral. The only difference is, the Heroine Make has a bit more coverage as compared to the Tony Moly one. I don't mind as I tend to bring this now in my bag for quick touch-ups!
Do you like purchasing the Tony Moly Cats Wink Clear Pact just for the packaging or do you honestly feel you need this as your retouch powder?