Beef Samosa consists of Beef and Potatoes. I actually had a couple of potatoes in my kitchen but I've decided to give potatoes a skip because we just had potato balls the night before. And I call this recipe Samosa-shaped Beef instead of Beef Samosa because this is literally the simple recipe version that looks difficult to make!
My kitchen is consist of ingredients that you can find in most household! I don't have cumin, turmeric, cinnamon and ground cardamon (which Beef Samosa has), so I'd go for a simple beef "lumpia" recipe shaped in triangles ! I bet it will look good especially for kids!
- Ground Beef
- Chopped onions
- Kikoman soy sauce
- Oyster sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Corn starch
- Springroll wrap or in my case, I tried Vietnamese wrap (bought from SM supermarket)
- In a bowl, mix all the above ingredients together adding cornstarch to make sure the consistency is just right to form a "shape".
- As much as I like the regular lumpia wrap, I love the Vietnamese wrap even more! They are thinner and crispier when fried! Not as good-looking as the regular lumpia-wrap but nevertheless, I'd go for the taste! It is a bit more hassle to prepare though! You have to spread a clean damp dish towel on a countertap in front of you and leave one rice paper for at least a minute or 2 to make the wrap more pliable. Oh, if you prefer the triangular-shaped springrolls, cut the wrap in half before you make it soft.
- Grab a spoonful of beef mixture and put it at the center of the half-wrap. Wrap it in a triangular-shape as shown on photo below.
- Once done, cover the whole plate with the damp towel you used earlier. Leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- One you uncover the towel, this is what you'll uncover, a more transparent wrap ready to be fried.
- Once fried, let it sit at a strainer to retain its' crispiness. Serve with your favorite lumpia-sauce or just as it is!
Have you tried beef instead of pork for your regular lumpia-shanghai?
How do you like the triangular-shape?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter and Instagram